Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Where Was I...

It has been a few days since I have had the opportunity to post. I certainly do not want to mess up now and be stripped of my trophy (NARR Most Improved). It seems that I came back from the brink of death. I worked Friday night as usual. I went in 4 hours unusually early at 7 pm. I worked ferociously to stay caught up. I was really quite busy. In 5 hours I averaged 4 patients per hour. That is pretty busy. Some patients are on the table longer than that. As soon as one was off another was ready to go on. It was back to back. In the next 8 hours I did the same number for a total of 41 procedures. That is a lot for one person. The time passed very quickly though. I ended up staying over the next day to help finish a chest tube placement. I worked 16 hours, 45 minutes. What a day that was. I was ready to go to bed for sure. I still managed to drive by a yard sale on the way home. I drive by and if I see something I am interested in I stop. If I don't I keep on trucking. Saturday, I kept on trucking.

The complete and utter chaos of Friday-Saturday was completely dispelled on Saturday-Sunday. I scanned a grand total of 3 patients. Only three!!!!! I studied my Bible for hours. I prayed with the CT table as an altar. It was a wonderful night. I learned so much about the transfiguration. I had no extra reference books so it was all from the Holy Ghost. He really will show us the deep things of God. I immensely enjoyed my time alone with the Lord. It was so wonderful. I was hand writing all of these notes and could scarcely keep myself caught up. I was bouncing off the walls when everyone got there the next morning. Speaking of bouncing off the walls. There is a sliding glass door that goes to the back of our department. Our lockers are back there and some equipment. It is really cold back there so I closed the glass door. When my co-worker, Sunie, came in she failed to notice the door was closed. I think you may have seen the Windex commercial. She walked face first into it. BAMM!!! The sad thing is I missed the whole thing. I turned out to be a good weekend, make that a great weekend!
Mushu has been his normal rotten self. Yesterday right before I left for work, we wrestled a bit. he appartently won judging by the big bleeding scratch on my hand. We use alcohol hand cleaners at work. I was reminded of Mushu with every application. Somehow when you come home and there he is purring you just melt and pick him up. Awe! Ain't he cute! (Little imp).

4 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

"...she failed to notice the door was closed. I think you may have seen the Windex commercial. She walked face first into it. BAMM!!!" HA! Been there, done that. More fun for the onlookers than the bouncee. ;-)

Momma Tammi said...

Hee hee! Poor lady!

Vic said...

That Windex commercial is one of my favs. Especially when the bird looks at the other bird and says after the guy walks into the sliding glass door "Let's do it again" That just cracks me up. I am easily amused I know.

Jason Mullins said...

Well, the funny thing is that I have bounced off the same door before. Another lady hit it and left a complete face print on it. My head bounced off. It really is a hazard for those who do not pay attention to surroundings.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!