Friday, July 06, 2007

Empty Nest Syndrome...

Well, as of last Tuesday the bird nest was empty. I wish I could say it went well for all of them. Hopefully some of them. I know at least one possibly two did not. Let me just say that Mushu was not responsible. Besides he drags all of his prey back to the garage. the other day I threw out a piece of pizza, the really big slices that the people were too lazy to cut small enough that it would actually fit in your mouth. I knew the dogs were about to get out and they love to find a treat, kind of like Easter eggs. Well, I went back around the corner later and Mushu who was about the size of the enormous slice of pizza had dragged it back tot he house and eaten much of it. What a piggy!
I have to get get my Dad's birthday present here in a little bit. His birthday is tomorrow. I always have to call my Mom to ask her when it is. I cannot remember the day. I know it is shortly after the 4th. He is so hard to buy for. For Father's Day we got him a care package stuffed full of goodies. He has been through much of that but I do not want to make him any fatter. He wants a new wallet so I may check into that. I am the same way. I am hard to buy for. I have everything I need and most of what I want. We sure go crazy trying to buy for folks that don't need anything. Think of all of the money that is wasted each year on something that is of no use to the giftee. I am starting a nationwide campaign today for SENSIBLE GIFTING! I just have to come up with a catchy name. Far too many are asking for bread and receiving stones, asking for fish and receiving scorpions. Something must be done. Society must be saved from bad gifts. National Association for Gifting Smartly (NAGS). I like it. Please do your part to gift smart today and everyday!

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I like it. Can I be a charter member of NAGS?

Momma Tammi said...

That is funny!

Jason Mullins said...

Absolutely!!!!! We need all of the nags we can get.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!