Thursday, July 05, 2007

Another Page in the Mushu Chronicles

I do not have a picture for this one so I will have to paint one with words. Have you ever watched those old ladies on public television? They can really paint. They just start smearing stuff around and before you know it there is a work of art right before you. Okay, I will begin to smear.
I had to work yesterday on call for 12 hours. I went to the hospital at 11 am and was there for 2 hours before I had nothing to do. Then Tabithia and i ran all over Jonesboro shopping like we had money or something. Well, I finally went back at right around 4 pm. I was there the remainder of the night. No one blew themselves up with pyrotechnics or anything, or at least that I had to deal with in CT. I did have one guy that said he was, "Rocking out too hard." He feel and hit his head. He really was a head banger, lol. People are so crazy. Others had had problems for over a week that were non emergent, yet I am stuck spending my holiday 9getting paid very well to do it) dealing with them. I have grown out of the firework thing anyway.
I am supposed to be talking about Mushu. While we were out shopping we found a very nice suit for me at Kohl's. They did not have my size so they said we could find it online. Tabithia had gone across town last night to do that cause we are too cheap to have internet at our house. When she came home, right before I made it, she was on the phone with me. She said there were all kinds of animals in the yard. Rabbits and unknown creatures and an armadillo. She said the the armadillo was not the least bit frightened by her but of course she was of it. So she did not know what to do. The thing went underneath her truck and she was afraid to move. She got that situation under control and made it to the driveway. She opened the garage door and Mushu, the current resident (there have been so many animals kept in out garage, you can park your car or your horse). He ran out of that garage like a ex con from jail and stopped dead in his track waving his tail in the air in rhythmic motions in an agitated way. He knew the armored beast was just beyond the darkness somewhere. He could sense him, smell him. Tabithia manages to get some lights on to further investigate the situation. She had as much curiosity as the cat. All of a sudden as a ferocious lion, Mushu runs from the garage in killer attack cat form in a direct path toward the armadillo. His blood thirsty appearance...fizzled out as he could not figure out what in the world this beast was and where he could strike a fatal blow. That all changed just a few moments later when for some reason he tucked tail and ran back to the garage like a defeated army.
Cats are like people in some ways. Some are so quick to jump in without all or any of the facts. Once they get mixed up in something that seems over their heads they run home and try to paint the armadillo as the aggressor. You can really learn a lot from observation. What lessons do I teach those watching me?

2 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Was Mushu's tail all frizzed out when she decided to attack without knowing who or what she was attacking? ~giggle~ I could just see it all. How funny! Good lesson though.

Jason Mullins said...

From how the scenario was described to me Mushu was mad, and then much more gentle. I am sure his hair was up considering he is so easily spooked even by us. He has this way about arching his back, hair in the air, running sideways at you. He is a mess.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!