Friday, July 13, 2007

But A Short Time To Work...



Our regional Convention is just hours away. I need to get my boost finished. I know I mentioned blaming God for our craziness in an earlier comment. But the Lord has given me much to cover in 10 minutes. That seems an impossibility. I just wanted to post here while i can. It will be busy for a few days with convention, work, camp. So I will try to get in here when I can.





I have worked on a project for a few weeks now and I finished phase 1 yesterday. I have successfully stretched my faux stone pathway from the driveway to the back porch. It is faux stone because it is recycled concrete from a man down the street. he does concrete work. There was a mountain of broken concrete in his yard that I had wanted to stop in and ask if I could have. I never did, but one day he had it loaded in a truck to take to the dump. I turned that car around and asked him to dump that in my yard. It has been there for over a year. Finally I have begun to work it in. I tried to make a patio last year and that did not work out. I like the sidewalk much better. I have to go to the other side and do the same thing from the porch to the pool. Then the mound of dirt in my back yard can be put where it needs to be. I am really pleased with this. The best part is all I have in it is sweat equity. That is no freebie but at least it has not hurt the pocket.

4 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Good job, it looks awesome!

Vicki Smith said...

How pretty that looks! And the price can't be beat!

cokelady said...

Ooooooh, Aaaaaaah! I'm impressed!

Jason Mullins said...

Thank you you! One man trash is another man's treasure.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!