Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Camping Out...

I am the evangelist at Jr Camp this year which started yesterday. I struggled for a message for these kids and seemed rather empty handed. When I feel like I have nothing is often the times that God really does a work. I have known about this for some time but there is so much that I have been preparing for. I have to get one thing out of the way then move on. So, struggled and struggled and struggled. Then I came across an old skit I had found. I adapted it and had Jr Camp's Got Talent. Different members of the staff came up and "performed." It was very interesting. Some said they were there because their moms made them or other reasons. r they thought they were very talented or very pretty. They got sent home. The contestants who did not feel they had a talent were the ones who went on. Then I read from Jeremiah chapter 9, the what to's and what not's of glorying. I told the story of me as a timid young child who was afraid to move when God asked me to move. I felt conviction in my heart at the age of 7-8 years old. I was too scared. I sat back while other came. Then every head bowed, every eye closed. I asked with a show of hands who wanted to have Jesus in their hearts. There were hands. I asked them to come. We went through sanctification and Holy Ghost baptism with show of hands. Then everyone else, just so that those bashful ones had the opportunity too. We were in the altar until 10:30 pm o later. There was one girl still there when we left. I don't know the number but so many of those kids we really seeking the Lord. It was amazing.
Let me tell why we had to leave. I knew that we were dangerously low on gas and the camp is in the middle of nowhere. Tabithia took my car Sunday to go to the beauty shop. She took my keys as well. She had to do to the Dr with her grandmother so she left around 1:30 pm so they could eat first. Shortly after she left I needed to go somewhere, but I could not find my keys. That is because they were in her purse. I was stranded at my own house. I did not get in the car until it was time to leave. We were almost there when I looked at the gauge. We barley had anything. The gas light should have come on at any second. God stayed the gas hand. We made it to camp and back to Jonesboro on a fraction of a tank. Thank God. Tonight is the last nigh o service for the Jr's. I pray God has His way again.

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Glad to hear the great report about Convention and Camp. Thank the Lord for His blessings and for drawing us nearer to Him.

About the key issue . . . have you ever considered hiding a spare key on your car? (Duh) That's the only way to ensure you don't lock yourself out anymore. You get one of those magnetized key holders from the auto parts store and hide it under the frame, or inside the door to the gas tank, or just up under the hood by the windshield. Once you hide a key, thus ensuring you will always have access to your car, somehow you cease losing your regular set of keys. It's amazing how it works! What we do is hide only the door entry key on the outside of the car and have the ignition key hidden IN the car. We're never worried about car thieves because we don't drive the kind of cars a thief is intersted in. :-]

Jason Mullins said...

That sounds like the key to solving the key issue. I hardly ever misplace my keys. I am a freak about having them. I have left them in pulpit an hour away before. I guess I should say that I rarely lock them up. I did that a lot in the past. I have a strict lock by remote policy. It is the only way I will lock the car. Tabithia just happened to be in it. If I lock it with her in it, the alarms sounds if she opens the door. The bad thing now is I don't remember where the spare key is now. Augh!

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!