Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Catching Up...

I certainly do not want to break my blogging habit although it seems like so many have broken theirs. Ahem! Anyway, let me see here. What shall I blog? This past weekend was a much better one. There were not nearly as many disastrous moments. I worked as usual. The first night was very calm, the next a little busier. The weekend as a whole was not bad though.
Children's Church went well. We are making "Glad Bags." It is a ziplock (Glad) bag with different colored index cards with things on each card that make us glad. We are cutting out the letters from magazines to spell out the words. I was then in charge of Sunday Night service. the bad thing was I woke up at 4 pm extremely nauseated and otherwise sick. I felt some better at Church. But as I was about to take the stage, I was very, very ill. I thought I was going to toss my cookies. (I know, isn't this a great blog topic. At least I did not mention the diarrhea I experienced. I can't believe I just did that. Yes, I can.) We started singing some praise choruses. He Hath Made Me Glad and then He Is Lord. The more I focused on the solution, the problem minimized before my very eyes. God is so good. It just so happened that my message was along the same lines.
We consider David as a great king, powerful in battle, even as a child he slew a lion, bear and giant. In all of that he never exalted himself. It is evident in the Psalms he penned that he gave God the credit He was due. David often mentioned his problems and enemies setting traps. David realized his insufficiency while at the same time saw the sufficiency of God. This mighty man more often portrayed himself as helpless without the power of the the Lord. When the ark of the covenant was returning to the city of David, he appeared as less than royal to his wife. David told her he would be more vile than that. In other words he would abase himself before God. He realized he was nothing without Him.
I never want to get caught up thinking I am sufficient. I need the help of almighty God. I cannot do it on my own. I certainly could not have on Sunday night. Thank the Lord for His help in my time of distress. Thank Him for his presence at all times. In the 70th Psalm, David wrote, "...let such as love salvation say continually; God be magnified."

1 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

AMEN! May we all be like David in our devotion to the Lord and our recognition of our own insufficiency.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!