Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Finally...I'm Off...

Augh! Yes it does feel good to be off from work finally. Monday is my Friday. this week it was Tuesday. What a bad night it was. It seems I am having more and more of those. Last night I think it was just because I was so ready to be off for a few days. Now, I am off (my rocker). I need to mow, vacuum the pool, go to the revenue office and renew my vehicle registration, laundry, walk the dogs, water the yard...Am I really off? I would rather be doing this kind of stuff for a few days anyway.
I have so much other stuff to do as well. I am tired just thinking about all. Maybe I am just tired. I know that's right. Let's see. What interesting things happened to me? Hmmmm. Hmmmmmmmmm. I have really done very little but work since last entry. I had set the alarm this morning for around 7. Lately the alarm has had no effect on me. I turn it of unwittingly and roll back over. I don't usually have anywhere to be in the mornings. So, that is not a huge problem. *Yawn* This morning I was dreaming about the clock (I really don't like drams like that). Anyway, I had requested the floors be cleaned (as if I am not the one who does that). In come this girl from Church, Trishe with a vacuum cleaner (she works at Wal Mart and suddenly my bedroom becomes the discount center itself). She acts like I will be so proud the floor is cleaned because it really needs it. Yes, I am still asleep and she is making all kinds of racket cleaning the floor by my bed. On top of all of that, she did not clean it very well. Why do we dream crazy stuff? It is just a hodgepodge of random thoughts all run together. They are insane notions.
When I was a kid a dreamed about the same monster that lived in our house. He stayed in the laundry room most of the time. He was brown, furry and had big mouse-looking ears (I have another story about ears). He was quite ferocious and scary though. I would never sleep with arms out of the cover, never hang anything over the edge of the bed and always close the closet door. Our closet door had a small hole in it, too. I kept posters or patches over it all at times. I knew all the junk that was under my bed and in my closet prevented a monster from residing there. Just in case though, I made sure I protected myself in every way. The day time was different. When night fell, the room was on lock down. I am convinced the psychosis was brought on by dreams. It was killer Mickey that brought terror to this young child. In some of those dreams it was day time and I had to be very quiet or I would wake up the monster.
I still have the strangest dreams. They do not haunt me now. They simply annoy and exhaust me. Sometimes you just wake up so tired like you have run or worked all night. Sometimes that is the case. Other times it is the nonsense that my psychotic subconscious invents.
Speaking of psychotic. Yesterday I saw this girl with pink hair and what I thought were mouse ears on her head. So she got the attention she craved as I had to look again to be sure. Yes, she did. She was not Mousketeer though. Later I saw her walking around again. She had some sort of furry animal tail attached to her shirt. I am not sure what look she was going for. Perhaps she is a descendant from Daniel Boone, NAH! At least I just dream the craziness while other choose to lie it.

4 comments:

Jason Mullins said...

My spaces between paragraphs never show up! Ughh!

Momma Tammi said...

Jenna can tell you what to do about the lack of spaces between paragraphs.

Sounds like the crazy dreams are making their rounds because I've been having some decidedly WEIRD dreams of late, but at least, I don't wake up feeling like I never slept at all. Must be rough!

Vicki Smith said...

My goodness, you ARE the most reformed blogger in America! Another NEW POST! Congratulations!! (...on the post, not on the sleepless night)

Vic said...

Bro Jason,

I still need 18 young ladies and it's been decided to open it up for all VLB ages...So if you have any in your 30ish age group that will be at the Assembly on Thursday at the lunch break for practice. Willing to wear white ankle length attire, flat white shoes/slippers/barefoot and short white gloves please contact me...

Thanks

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!