Friday, June 02, 2006

Wow and Oh My!!!!



Just call me Storm Chaser Jason. Actually I was not doing much chasing. I was in the kitchen and saw a strange cloud. It was not a funnel cloud but I could see another darker cloud that went behind the trees. So I went outside to investigate. That is when I stood and watched this funnel cloud drop close to the ground. It was longer at one point. I ran inside to grab my camera and the phone. When I got back out there it had gone back up some.

I guess while everyone is painting their houses, I am just trying to keep mine together. Those mobile home sure don't take a twister well. Can't you just see me on the news. "That thang tore thru har, rolled my trailer over the top of my El Camino, barely missed tha outhouse." Then I smile with that trademark scarce tooth smile and comment on Arkansas weather. Then I turn my head 35 degrees right and spit. ***Note...I have more teeth than the typical Arkansan and I do not live in a mobile home nor do we have an outhouse. Not to mention I am repulsed by the spitting thing.*

Shortly after capturing my pictures, the cloud disappeared into some heavy rain and then was gone.

6 comments:

cokelady said...

I love it, Jason! But I agree, it's pretty hard to envision you as the gapped smile hick you just described. Oh, you're a hick alright -- just not the gross, tobaco chewin', never shower or shave type. The funniest part is that you had to put that *NOTE* at the end so nobody would mistakenly get that impression of you! Ha!

Momma Tammi said...

You do crack me up!

Jason Mullins said...

Wait, yaw. Thar's more. We was sittin' ere in tha front room of tha trailer when all a sudden it sounded like a freight train was head rat fur us. Tha trailer gan to squeak and twist, then tumble, we rolled and rolled. We was all ok when it caught on tha car. Grandma still had her good duster on cuz we'd jus got back from Wal Mart. It did dump everything out her pockets. We anit fount her wig or her teeth yet. But we's all okay. That's tha important thang. Pebbles the pig, tha whole family made it through without a scratch.

Hey, Sis Vicky!!! Glad you could stop by!! Seems we's tha only ones not brave 'nuf to put are picture on here. I'm working on it though. How's thangs in GA?

Momma Tammi said...

You are hilarious!

Jason Mullins said...

Yes, Convention is but a short time away. We look forward to seeing you guys there. I hope, pray it is a wonderful convention. We need one so badly.

Kevin Fearer said...

Thats pretty amazing. We get more hurricanes not many twisters.lol

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!