Thursday, June 15, 2006

A Bit Under the Weather

I cannot believe that I am sick. I feel awful. It is just a little sinus stuff. Most normal people get sick during the winter and spring. Not me, I always have a time during the summer where I feel like I have the flu. I suppose I am just a big cry baby.

Aside from me I heard wonderful news yesterday about the Presbytery meeting. It is an absolute answer to prayers and a step toward reconciliation in some of our "war torn" areas. I have a great deal of faith in Bro Smith. I always have. I have always been amazed at how red he can turn while he is preaching and that sound he makes in his throat that sounds painful. I can remember the sounds of him crying out to God in the altar at BTI. My mind is full of nothing but admiration and respect. The only problem might be the upbringing of that daughter. As we say around here, "She is a bad egg." *slaps knee and laughs hysterically* It is so hard to be serious sometimes. I really do respect the Smiths and Becky, too.

I feel better already. Hope you all have a great day!

6 comments:

Full Quiver said...

I agree about the daughter. It seems that there was a "contract" made several years ago and she was traded to that Horne boy from Pennsylvania. It seems that he got a real bargain and so did the Smiths.


LOL! Love ya Sister Becky! Please don't put toilet tissue and gummy bears on my car next time you see me. Of course Welch's Fruit Snacks would be tasty!

Kevin Fearer said...

I will agree about Brother Smith. We really love them here in Virginia Beach Virginia. Such a inspiration!! I believe he is absolutely right for job. We must hold them up in daily prayers.
The one thing I dont like is they wont be our overseer anymore:(
He is a faithful man.
Kevin Danille and Toby Fearer

Kasey said...

All this talk of becky and she aint her to defend herself. :)


Hope you feel better!

Full Quiver said...

who knows... maybe James Anders will fill in in Virginia till the Assembly.

Jason Mullins said...

Ithink nearly everyone I know feel the same way here *coughs, hacks, clears throat*. I am some better.

As for Church matters, only God knows. I put it all in His capable hands.

cokelady said...

Alright, no fair, you bunch of bozo's! I have been OUT of the blogging loop for some time now and I come back to find all sorts of cruel and unfounded accusations about myself. Had to wait 'til I wasn't around to start posting them, though. CHICKENS.

And, Danny, as for the "contract," Mom and Dad made out okay and James made out great... but what about ME?! ;-)

It's been some time since I've toyed around with gummy bears and toilet paper, but all I need is a little inspiration and I'm sure I'd be on the job in no time. Better be careful.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!