Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Forget usher...How about Master of the Feast


I was just thinking about Sister Smith's sadness she expressed having missed her change to be an angel in a skit during the VA Convention. It seems she was all dressed up and no place to go.
In our Youth Camp last year the banquet was Marriage Supper themed. It was very elaborately decorated. We even had clouds above our heads. The guests are all wearing the wedding garments. The Bride and Groom are seated at the head of the table. It just seems such a beautiful moment. Who do you suppose had the privilege to portray Jesus and the Church. *he, he, he* None other than yours truly. This was long before the days of rapture hair. I did not miss my opportunity. I was not just an usher, but I got to be the Master. I tend to get the good roles. It could just be that I am a good role model. Sister Smith I am so sorry that you missed your debut. Perhaps I could work an angel into my SS/BTI program at our regional convention. Don't leave home without your wings?

This is Tabithia's real wedding dress. She is still such a doll! Augh ain't that sweet.

4 comments:

Jason Mullins said...

Bro Ray, I know this further confirms those statements made in another post. Writing in the sand an all of that. I have yet to try to walk on water. Perhaps I will fill the tub to see what happens.

Momma Tammi said...

You two are hilarious!

Jason Mullins said...

Augh! Sister Smith, cheated again!!! Just as well anyway. I have to work Friday night of our convention. I hear that is the only night that you all will get to attend. I would have missed it anyway. *Shucks*

Jason Mullins said...

By the way, Bro Ray, I was too nervous to try the water walking routine. So, I guess that brings me down a notch. Call it temporary hydrophobia!

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!