Saturday, June 10, 2006

$34.50!!!

The garage sale is complete and yet I still have a garage. What's up with that? Yes, I am aware of how corny that was. Here is a journal I kept while selling all of that (some of that) junk.

2:00 am Go to bed after sorting yet more stuff

5:55 am Alarm clock sounds the start of of beautiful new day...SNOOZE!!

6:04 am Snooze again.

6:13 am Alright, alright I am up already...brush teeth...blah...blah..blah

7:37 am Finally get this thing open, I am so tired.

7:45 am First customer

8:03 am First sale!! I decided to use my time wisely and read...I fall asleep.

9:00 am Next customer approached bargain city, no sale...looking for furniture.

9:02 am Next customer, $.50 sale. WOWEE!! Call my mom to share the good news.

9:16 am More customers. First black family to stop by. They had the cutest little 18 mo baby. Sale!! Called my mom again.

9:41 am More Customers. This time a Hispanic family. I am having a very multicultural day. This is cool. I really don't get out enough. The older gentleman tries on my dirty old coat that is not in the sale. Where did that come from? Another sale though (not the dirt old coat).

9:50 am Hispanic family is around the front of house. I hear kids playing so I go around to watch. Older gentle man pulls a leaf off of a weed in the yard and smells it. I don't have a clue what he is saying. (Why does that make us talk louder?) He decides that he will eat the leaf. He thought that was pretty tasty so he breaks off more and has a breakfast salad. I don't know what that was all about. I should have charged a dollar for it! I called Tabithia and Mamma after this.

9:55 am More customers make another sale. Called Tabithia's grandpa, who is sick.

10:35 am Reading book.

10:40 am Went to mailbox

10:52 am Called Direct TV about an offer in the mail. Not even tempting $$$$$

11:01 am Called Tabithia

11:11 am Got my binoculars out to spy on neighbors

11:19 am More customers

11:30 am Called Tabithia again excited about breaking the $20 mark.

11:34 am Black van arrives, Yard Sale-aholic, She is the big spender of the day...$9.50.

11:47 am Called Tabithia yet again. How is she getting any work done?

11:51 am Car arrives with barefoot man, smoking who throws cigarette in my yard. They buy some jeans.

11:57 am Black car leaves loudly. I went to fix the wind blown sign.

12:07 pm Scott called.

12:11 pm Wondered where all of the people are that would love to take these clothes home.

12:17 pm Called Mama again...Though about eating the rest of the weed.

12:30 pm Closed sale!!! What a way to make a living! I am glad I have alternate means. But, hey, that is $34.50 I did not have.


6 comments:

wemmies said...

That was absolutely HILARIOUS! You should keep a time journal everyday! Cracked me up!

Yard Sales here.... people are your alarm clock. They wanna be first to dig. *rolling eyes*

Furniture is a BIG item at yard sales. That is where all the money is. Clothes are better donated or consigned. :)

*still giggling*

Momma Tammi said...

Too funny! Thanks for sharing. BTW...I don't know why it makes us talk louder! ~hee hee!!!!!~

Full Quiver said...

so what kinda "WEED" was it?


God did say in Genesis 2 that he made EVERY green herb of the field to be meat for man.

cokelady said...

You'd make more $$$ selling the diary of your day than you did at the sale itself. Take that into consideration next time! ;-)

Jason Mullins said...

Well, I have been away from the desk for a while and came back to a standing ovation it seems. Yes, Saturday I was worn out but well entertained. I don't know what the weed was but I do know it was not weed. I tried to make sure that everyone knew I was not writing down everything. I took some pictures of the cat working so hard *huffs in disgust* He is so lazy. I had no time for rest though. I had to go pick up the new duck, let the dogs out, and get ready to go to Church. We were having revival at Jonesboro where I attend now. Welcome, Bro Danny and Sis Wendy, glad y'all could stop by. Thaks everyone for laughing with me (not at me). Laughter is all that allows me to keep my sanity (what small thread may remain). Love you guys!!

Katie said...

Hello Bro Jason Mullins, Sis Katie checking in...Love the time line, tee hee. Yard sales can be a huge scource of entertainment. Enjoyed yours...have a blessed day.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!