Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Where to begin...

I must post, must post. I know that I have not been so good at this latley and it makes all of you flee from the same old post that has been there for a week. I am sorry. It has been crazy. My new work schedule is from Friday 11 pm to Saturday 11am, then Saturday 10 pm to Sunday 10 am. Then back Monday at 3-11pm. This way I just work 3 days and am of four. The was i was workig before excluded me from any revival we held at our local Church or I was asked to do. It has freed m up. The first call i get is for the Kid's Crusade next week. it should be interesting. I have that Disney song, Under the Sea stuck in my head. Make it stop!!!!!! So The weekends are pretty busy. Last weekend I worked a little extra so out of 48 hours I worked around 32 of them counting Children's Church and Sunday evening service.

The cat is still a menace. He cannot be left unattended or he will get into everything. Have any of you other cat owners had this problem. He is into everything from the curtains to the potted plants. Not to mention everything in between. That is the absolutely sneakiest cat I've ever seen. You can loose him and the next thing you know out of no where a miniature version of a lion is flying at you to attack.

Speaking of attack let me tell you about yesterday. My wife's grandfather has a small farm behind our house. It is a good distance down the road, thank God. It is the junkiest eyesore you have nearly ever seen. The landfill has nothing on him. Well, there are duck, chickens, rabbits, dogs, cats, horses and RATS!!!!!! yes, RATS!!!!!! They are nearly the sive of the cats. Well, we had heard about this the day before when Tabithia's cousin put a water hose in a hole to flood them out. He said that there had to have been at least 20 that came out of the hole across his boot and everywhere. Well, we went to Tractor Supply and bout $30 worth of poison and bombs. Bombs like sticks of dynamite that you like and drop in the hole. There was not explosion which is good since they are in the pump house. Well, we ignited these carbon monoxide gas bowms and got back. The adventure began. Tabithia, Darek, her cousin, and I chased rats for hours. We were so blood thirsty. I am sure we looked like the angry villagers storming Frankenstein's castle. We weilded rakes, hoes, sticks. We flipped over nearly everything there was to flip over. It was a disater area after we were done for sure. I could not tell you how many of those filthy rodents we saw. It was deplorable. About 6 of them are no longer running around done there. That was not even a dent in the population. There were screams, shouts, dogs going crazy. The cats just laid back and watched the show. What good were they. Of course the rats were bigger than them. This is what rednecks do for entertainment. I could not imagine if those things came to the house for the winter. EEEEEKKKKKK!!!! Perhaps the poison will finish the job. Now if any of you pity the poor rats, I can box some up and ship them to your address. I would have to toch them first, though and I don't plan on that. We spent time cleaning up some of the junk. We burned an enormous pile of debris and threatened the junk master that we will be back to finish the job. NASTY!!!!

1 comments:

cokelady said...

Ha! Great rat story, Jason. I can just see three crazed maniacs with wild, bulging eyes zig-zagging across the property slashing mercilessly at anything that moved. (Lucky for the cats they're so lazy!) You really ought to hire a camera man to capture such things on film for you. And for us. :-)

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!