Thursday, June 14, 2007

Better Day...

Yesterday was such a better Heritage Day than last year. I can remember last year that we were all anxiously awaiting word from the Presbytery Meeting. We were waiting for that poof of smoke to appear over the building. Although not much was mentioned about it at Church, I thought on it all day long. I thought of how it must have been to climbed the mountain that day seeking God and finally finding the Church. I thought of how it felt when I realized what I was a part of. I kind of just showed up and worked my way in. I waited for God to reveal to me that I should take the covenant. I have never wanted to take that covenant lightly. I do no want to be a mediocre member. Sometimes I fell like the pre-Pentecostal Peter. He was sucha problem child. He did overcome that to be a wonderful leader and man of God. Just his shadow passing upon the lame left them changed forever.
It was such a better day. Such a change for the better. It is wonderful to be free from that oppression. I hope you all had a better day as well. (Mark me down...2 days in a row!)

1 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

WOW! TWO DAYS IN A ROW????? I stand astonished and amazed!
--Great rat story. Now THAT'S a blog! *tee hee*
On the serious side, I too thought about our heritage all day yesterday and today. A lot has happened since this time last year. Today was the 1 year anniversary of the announcement of the new Interim Overseer and we got a lovely piece of hate mail to commemorate it. *raising eyebrow* Instead of receiving a commendation we received a condemnation instead. *sigh* But, actually, the letter was so hateful and ugly and without any credance it really didn't bother us. The accusations were not anywhere near the truth and are easily proven to be lies but the writer is so full of malice and wrath it would be pointless to even respond to the nonsensical letter. Instead we respond with thanks to God for protecting TCOG and leading and guiding His Church on to victory on top of victory! AMEN!

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!