Thursday, June 21, 2007

Going Deep...




I have had a little trouble getting these pics up. I think it is this connection. The fish you see tell the story. The pirate, Cap'n Hijack and the mermaid of Mermaid Cleaning Service, Carrrie Underwater (who coincidentally sings Jesus take the fin) start the night off. Carrie takes Cap'n Hijack under for a life changing experience. Tey Go Deep and learn from the Fish's Tail or Tale. Anyway. The fish are Finley and Angel. The little one at the top is Pee Wee who is the resident comedian. We have cover thems such as Jonah and Blubbergut (who knew the whale had a name) and Peter and Perciful (Purse-full) Perch. I will try to get some pics up on those supporting actors. It has been great. The boy pictured with Cap'n Hijack is Kyle. He was in my class at church camp last year. Tonight is the last night. We started with 12 kids and last night had 29. They go from service to snack to craft. They seem to really be enjoing it.

7 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Did you write all this stuff yourself? How funny! Cleaver, innovative, creative, etc.

cokelady said...

Yeah, and why isn't it being published and made available to the rest of the Church as VBS material or something??? Hhmmm?!?!?!?

I am soooooooo impressed. The sets and puppets look terrific and the script sounds so fresh and creative. Even clever, not CLEAVER as Mom said. That might be a little too violent for young children. Anyway, I would've loved to have been a kid at your church this week! ;-)

Vicki Smith said...

Ya know, that brat-child of mine shows up all over the place to taunt me! Of all the NERVE! I'm going to have to start pointing out all of HER typo's--she's had PLENTY! *Brat!*

Jason Mullins said...

Yes, I did write this. I have also written two other VBS's for our local Church. When we starting doing VBS we were not aware there were programs at HQ and so we modified others. One year I had to basically completely re-write one because of once in grace ideas and wrong version scriptures. I decided it would be easier to write my own than to have to modify someone's. So year before last it was a Circus theme, Christian Brothers' Born Again and Believers' Circus. Then last year it was Out Of This World, outer space themed. I have intended to submit all of this. I just have to pollish it up a bit first.

By the waay I never noticed the cleaver thing until it was pointed out. Thanks for the cutting edge commnets.

Jason Mullins said...

When we realized that there were programs at HQ we had already done those themes. That's when we started writing.

Momma Tammi said...

I am a woman of few words these days, so I'll just say the only thing that comes to mind...TOTALLY AWESOME JOB!

Jason Mullins said...

Thanks!

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!