Tuesday, June 26, 2007

I'm Ba-ack!

Wow! I am just getting so good at this blogging thing again. It seems as though no one is checking though. I know there are lurkers are there. You know who you are. Anyway, I had a very nice weekend at work. Church services were good as well. Went to the dentist yesterday. I have not been since 2003. My insurance had ceased to exist at that time and I was a lowly poor student. Tabithia and i have an unofficial contest. I call it the cavity contest. It all began one year she went to the dentist a few days before me. She had maybe 2 cavities. I gave her such a hard time, called her rot-mouth. It was great fun. Then my turn came and I had 4. I could not even show my face at home. It was terrible. That is why it is more unofficial now. If you don't say muc about it then when you loose you are the only one that knows. Have you ever raced someone whether in a car or doing some task and you never told the other person that a contest was underway? Well, that is the sort of thing that goes on at the dentist. t was looking good for me yesterday. They worked so hard to find something and would not give up until they did. Finally they proclaimed one cavity. After 4 years of not dentistry and very little flossing, I just despise flossing, 1 measly cavity. I thought that was pretty good. Tabithia was still waiting on the Dr and she had 2 questionable places. He came in and confirmed that she in fact had--NO CAVITIES! I was crushed. It is terrible to wsh misfortune or bad health on someone, but I sure wanted to win. They all knew it, too. They gave her a fancy-smancy certificate, "Great Smile." How cruel to rub in my misfortune! Now I have to go back and undergo the drill. Augh!!! I hate that thing. It was our first time at this office. They were all very nice even if they did have to wirk so hard to find something to bill me for later. Okay I am a sore loser even in an unproclaimed contest.

4 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

We are still here, we just posted on the bottom post of your children's crusade. We haven't left you! Or at least some of us are...the rest are at camp somewhere in the US of A. ~grin~ Speaking of which, you guys ought to come out and be in camp with us, July 18-22. It is going to be a grand time.

Jason Mullins said...

I expected a few less comments this week due to family camp. Is your camp inthe great state of Washington. It is gorgeous out there (or at least from every picture I have ever seen, but Arkansas is the same way. We are not going to put the trailer parks in the brochure).

Jason Mullins said...

Oh, yeah. No one can feel bad a bout not posting. I lurk quite a bit, too.

Momma Tammi said...

Yes, camp is in Washington, the southeast corner of Washington to be exact. Some where close to Walla Walla.

I do my fair share of lurking especially when I want to know what is going on with everyone, but I am feeling anti-social and don't have anything to say.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!