Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My Last Day As A 29 Year Old!

Yes, you heard that right. Tomorrow, October 5 at 10:32 am, I officially become 30 years old. *shudder* Where has all of the time gone? I must admit, 30 seems a bit oldish (no offense to those who have surpassed their 3rd decade). I have come to terms with it though. I told them Sunday night that it just showed 30 years of the goodness of the Lord. I mean just look at me. Could I have turned out any better? I barely even look 25. *laughs at his own jokes*

I have already had a surprise party. Most of our local Church showed up at my house on Saturday. I was beginning to catch on when Tabithia yelled at me as if I had done something horrible. I am headed outside to see what her problem is when I look up (as well as I could, I was in the process of getting my contacts in when she proceeded to yell). It was just a good thing I did not go out there and holler back. There were nearly 30 people there before it was all over. I still have two cakes to eat. We had my seasonal favorite that night...bon fire food. When it turns cool at night I could roast a hot dog every day and a few marshmallows. I love it! See there, I don't even act 30. My wife can attest to that.

Children's Church if going well. We had 9 Sunday. We have not been having that many. I was preparing for seven every week. Looks like I will double that now. We had 3 regulars out. We marched those kids out front to show how Buggy for Jesus they really are. They had the dear in the head lights look. They sang the Butterfly Song in practice with all of the motions. They were much more reserved out front. The congregation loved it anyway. I learned a long time ago that anything those kids do out front is cute whether it goes according to the script or not. It was fun. Everyone thought that it looked really good. Before they most often had 1 in children's church. Our local Church is growing. Before we transferred they were having on average 20 in attendance. Last week we had about 47. We absolutely love it there. I have never worked with such a cooperative group of people. We just love them all.
Well, I gotta go. I need to do a little research for Ministers' Convention which is Saturday. God bless you all. See you in my 30's (Lord Willing).

6 comments:

Jason Mullins said...

One of the funniest things I remember about past children's programs was one Easter. We were out front doing a little skit. The little Jesus who was about to be resurrected disappeared for an emergency bathroom break. "He is not here. He is risen." What can you do? I think it was even audible when he told me he had to go. Luckily there was a side door so it was not that obvious.

cokelady said...

I'm glad to know that you're leading the way and aging just ahead of me. Let me know how miserable 30 is so I'll be prepared next year, okay? Strange, isn't it, when you think back on being a kid--even a teenager--and how "old" 30 seemed, and how "mature" you thought 30 year olds were... It's all in your frame of reference. 30 is sounding younger all the time (!) and like lots of fun...and anything but "mature"...! Especially for some people. ;-)

Vicki Smith said...

Hey, guess what?!? 50 isn't NEARLY as old as it used to be either! It's amazing how things have changed!

Momma Tammi said...

Happy Birthday! I didn't enjoy my thirties as much as I am enjoying my early forties. Gives ya something to look forward to, doesn't it? of course, my children were teenagers when I was in my thirties and they are grown now. ~giggle~

Vicki Smith said...

Oopsie . . . I forgot to say, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!"

Jason Mullins said...

Thanks for all of the warm birthday wishes. I am so old it takes twice as lng to reply back now. Actually yesterday was avery hectic day. It was typical. I saw no Grim Reaper or anyhting like that for me anyway. I did see some very sad things at work. I am blessed. I am truly blessed that I am not lying in a bed somewhere writhing in pain. Thank God for that. Another all nighter tonight. I am getting ready for Ministers Convention which is tomorrow. The program is together I just need to polish it up a bit.

Again thanks. Thirty is not the top of the hill or even over it. I don't really feel any older. *rethinking that notion* Go bless you all.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!