Friday, September 15, 2006

Where did the week go?



I guess I posted four times in one day and could take a break. The first part of the week we had some very heavy rain. I am such a camera fanatic now that I think I have to take a picture of everything. I rain to the front porch and snapped as many as I could. The bird bath is one of the coolest ones. I call it "Bird Shower." I know that is so artsy smartsy. I think the splashes that I have captured are very neat. Then the next day I got called in early to work, so I was off that night. I went walking with the dogs and captured this beautiful sunset. Now, I know if you live in a more scenic part of the country or a more scenic country, then you have seen better sunsets. But, hey, I live in hillbilly (minus the hills...does that just make you a billy?) flatlands where the closest thing to a mountain is the railroad tracks. My ear pop going over them sometimes. Just kidding. I think that this was manic depressive weather. One moment it is dark and storming the next the sun is shining. That's life I suppose. I had intended to post these several days ago. I have been such a slacker. I have spent much time in my devotion. Normally that is a Wednesday thing...extended devotion. Thursday I was inspired again with something to do some deep studying on. So I guess I have not been slacking. I have had to devote my time elsewhere. This is why I call it the "ramblings." I am surely good at rambling. I will spare you from more of this post. God bless you.

7 comments:

Rachel said...

Awesome pictures! I hear you about the mountains thing. My dad's family is from East Arkansas and we always hated it when we hit Black Rock. Nothing but flat rice & soybean fields! I miss the mountains of West Arkansas now that we're out here in Tennessee.

It was nice chatting with you a bit at Assembly! Wish I could have visited with Sis. Tabitha though I did see her... though I must admit she's much prettier without all the pink and green!

Momma Tammi said...

Great pictures, especially the bird bath!

Jason Mullins said...

Sis Rachel, TN has its mountains. I have always thought it was pretty out there. When you are from ground as flat as this you think an ant hill should be snow capped.

Sis Tammi, since Canadia I have been so inspired with the camera. I don't think I can go anywhere without it. There is very little that I don't photograph.

Thanks!

Momma Tammi said...

Finding neat things to take pictures of is so much fun. By the way...just in case you might have thought it...I wasn't being sarcastic about the bird bath...I REALLY do like it. ~grin~ Just want to be clear.

Vicki Smith said...

Both pictures are really neat.

Your part of Arkansas is scenery challenged. But you never know when God will call you to some other area to work for Him. Unless you get called to west Texas, pretty much anywhere would be an improvement, right? ~~hee hee~~

Jason Mullins said...

Yes, I recall Becky commenting on the dullness of Texas. Sometimes I have to really look hard to find a picture.

cokelady said...

I could send lots of pictures of dirt, squatty little mesquite trees, more dirt, some sand, oil rigs, a whole slew of pump jacks... Did I mention dirt?

I love the fountain picture. Very cool.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!