Monday, September 04, 2006

I'm HOME!!!

Just as suspected, I do miss you all that I was able to see at the Assembly. What a blessed General Assembly it was. My stomach muscles hurt from crying out to God so much. It was very different than any other Assembly I've attended. I know there are people that have left there with doubts in their mind. I have heard some talking about it. I have no doubts about the GO selection. I went into the process with an honest heart and no agenda of my own. God showed me. It was not all the message and interpretations as some feel sealed the deal. In part it was the wisdom with which the whole GA was conducted. God showed us that He desires less of our programs and more of the basics of prayer, fasting and studying of the Word. There is a change in me having left that place. God just convinced me in my heart that Bro Smith is the man of the hour.
I spent much time directly down front agonizing with God. I did not get up and return to my seat but I stayed down compelled to find the will of God. I never felt released form the selection process. When the selection was finally made, I immediately was released. Thank GOD!!! I praise Him today. I have awakened with His praises on my mind. I have a peace today. I just want to rejoice at the goodness of the Lord. Yes, the battles will rage hot and fierce now. Our Lord has showed us just how to make it through. Return to the simple things. Return to the basics. We are not able to do these things on our own. But He is! He is!! Thank God, He is!!!!
I feel good in my soul today. I feel peace. We did not rush a decision in the GA. We spent much time praying and seeking God. I cannot believe that some would be so quick to walk out on that Spirit of prayer to conduct another meeting. I cannot believe that people would try to take on the role of God and judge another or deny God's mercy to someone. Thank God for His precious mercy. I love the Lord! I love the Lord!!!
I will post more here later but I just had to tell of the goodness of God. Bless you all!!!

5 comments:

EmileeAnn said...

Whew...I'm glad you got your multile posts taken care of. I wondered if you got post happy or maybe you ARE crazy after all!

I'm glad to read your account of the Assembly...since I wasn't able to attend.

I enjoy reading your blog! BTW this is Emilee Smith (used to be Brock) from BTI loooong ago.

EmileeAnn said...

Oopps...should be MULTIPLE...give me a break. I am typing one handed while I feed the baby.

Momma Tammi said...

Your post expressed it so well. I am so thankful for God's presence throughout the entire GA and for His guidance. We miss you guys too!

Jason Mullins said...

So glad you came to see me, Emilee. I remember you. I knew I did not see you there anywhere. I posted tried to post and it kept saying it failed. So I posted again. I walked away from it thinking that I never posted anything. Someone called and told me about it. OOPS!!!! Congrats Emilee, on the new baby.

Tammi, It was a wonderful Assembly. I am forever changed. I have seen where some want criticize what took place. I know what I know. Some of the critics should have been down praying a little (or a lot) more. I have peace. Thank God.

Momma Tammi said...

AMEN! I think that some would find something to criticize even if God came down and stuck a post-it to their forheads. Too many armchair "Christians" walking around thinking that they KNOW what God wants and who He can use. I am thankful that God settled everything in my heart with His still small voice and His Word instead of through someone else's voice or actions. He is so good to us!

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!