Friday, September 08, 2006

General Assembly 2006



Here is one of the pics I took there at the GA. At this point I had tears streaming down both cheeks. I was and am still 100% sure of what God did there. There is so much more He is going to do. It was a blessing to be able to attend this GA. It was very different. It was as if God was taking us away from the pagentry of programs, etc and bringing us back to the simplicity of prayer and study of the word. Not to mention fasting. After the sacrifice from the previous week and the associated weight loss, when I heard Brother Smith call us to fasting, I nearly collapsed. God always enables us to do what pleases Him. However, it is still a great sacrifice. Didn't God move as He always does? It seems He has the perfect moment to reveal and confirm His will. We think it would be early. That would be good for us. He generally chooses later. I would dare not say late. God is never late. Just as Jesus at the tomb of Lazarus was not late, He is never late on our behalf. We may be late, but not Him. In the latter moments of the Assembly, God once again confirmed his choice. It was beautiful to have been there for that. It was amazing to fell that power as God was certainly in that place. It was not a rock the building power. It was a rock your heart power. I am glad that I was open to have felt that.

1 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Before the Assembly ever started I sort of felt like the selection of the GO may not happen until the very last moment. I felt like maybe God was going to test us to see if we would wait on Him, or if we'd try to take matters into our own hands and try to force something through. I feel like things were done God's way; not man's, and in God's timing. God's ways are always perfect and He's never late. Sometimes it gets right down to the wire, but He's never late.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!