Monday, September 18, 2006

It's Raining...

It just seems to be a Monday thing around here. There is actually a tax class going on where I am right now. I had to go use the internet at the tax office as I normally do. I am just way too cheap. Actually it is my wife. Perhaps she needs to read the post by sister Tammi. I guess I can show her when it prints in the Evening Light. Anyway. I feel trapped in here. My hair is a mess (should have grabbed a cap.) I just ran down here really fast. It helps to wake me up. Then the students arrived. I do not want to walk out in front of the. I am hearing all of this standard deduction stuff and low income tax tables...blah...blah...blah... It is scaring me actually. We normally have to pay in so much. It is causing flashbacks.
Let's see. We initiated the Ladybug Club this weekend. The girls went back for a tea party and virtuous woman lesson. I stayed out with the boys. We actually had boys for a change. Three little boys arrived for class. I taught them the the praying mantis lesson and then the ant. It was really nice. I did not tell you what the Ladybug Club is. Lil' Angelic Divas Yearning to Be Upright and Godly Servants. All of the little girls were encouraged to wear their hats and best dress up clothes. They all got a feather boa. They really enjoyed it. Tabithia and her mother worked the back. I really think me and the guys got ripped off. While they were having a party we just had five loaves and two fish. We were all filled though. It was a nice day. Children's church goes so well. In the past there were days that I would leave Church of Sunday absolutely exhausted and aggravated at how terrible the kids were. This time in Children's Church is so much better. It is more of a labor than a sentence. Actually the last reound years ago was not that bad most days. Sometimes it felt like Alcatraz.
There are some that testify at how glad they are that we are there to do children's church. It is kind of odd because the person who last did it is sitting there. She is glad we are there as well. It makes you feel good that the parents like it, the kids like it. Thank the Lord. We are through with the bugs now. We will practice for a program out front then move on to FALLing Blessings and Pauls Missionary Journeys.
I am still praying for God's will in my life. I want to be what He wants me to be. My list of things to pray for daily is growing. I may have to write it all down to be sure not to forget something. God bless you all. Perhaps you could add me to your list.

3 comments:

cokelady said...

Wow. I would LOVE to be a student in your Children's Church! Although I must admit... I'd rather be in the boys' class. I'd rather have fish (trout?) and loaves than a sissy little tea party ANY DAY. And feather boas? I don't think so. Even the word "diva" kind of gives me the willies. Nonetheless, I'm sure there was a happy flock of prissy little things sipping tea with their pinkies raised high (*gag*) who had the time of their lives. There's a little girl in my household (don't ask me where she came from!) who would have LOVED it. You guys are so creative. I'm glad you use that gift for more than just amusing all of the bored bloggers out there. ;-)

Vicki Smith said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jason Mullins said...

Yes, I think the tea party was a bit dainty as well. I am glad I was in the front of the Church for a different program.

As for the hair comments, anyone who is going to run around like Albert Einstein must be prepared to take and criticism that may come. Ther is notmuch that has not been said and there is no offence taken on any of it. I must say I have had my sparse locks down for the last three days and I am about ready for a hair raising experience. One of the cafeteria workers said last night, "Don't you look all nice with your hair combed down." *snarles nose and mocks*. My assembly hair did suffer a bit from the praying, etc. One time I was down praying and my face touched the floor and I just knew I was getting grit all over me. Well, in the spirit of prayer, I forgot all about it. Then we go out to eat, I reached up and touched my face to find junk all over me. No one told me, not my wife, not anyone. I ran around with a dirty forehead and no one even bother to share. See, I have suffered much already. I will pursue no action. I count it all joy to siffer these persecutions. *snickers*.

Keep it up Sis Vicky B and someone will find a Church for you to pastor. God bless you all.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!