Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Blah!

That is kind of how I feel. Yesterday was really like that. I am not sick, but I sure don't feel good. I guess it is just another case of Monday blues. After the weekend I had though, Monday is a good thing. Friday night was a stormy night. It did not storm very close to us though. Most of it was an hour away. Well, Saturday I went out with the dogs, it was still very muggy and hot. While we are outside, the wind picks up (one of the dogs...No, but you though that would be an interesting story). Suddenly there is such a drop in temperature. It felt like going from 85 to 60 very suddenly. Then the rain started and I got myself in the house. As I am inside I started hearing a terrible popping noise, nearly as loud as gunshots. I investigate only to find that our tile in the kitchen is separating from the floor...AGAIN!!!! There were places that had popped loose before and once before it raised to form a ridge. It raised to form a mountain range this time. I liked our tile floors, but we are not fixing it again for it to pop loose later. We are looking at hard wood floors this time. It was almost time to start getting the Christmas stuff out, too. There is such a ridge under the small table that the chairs are sitting crooked. I took a picture I will have to post it some time. That was Saturday.
Sunday morning the kids were rowdy. We were trying to practice for our program next Sunday. It was very tough. Practice for the Christmas program is going to be very interesting. Oh well, you can't have all sunshine. So a bad weekend every now and then makes you appreciate the good ones. I guess.

2 comments:

Kevin Fearer said...

Brother Jason if you need wood floors let me know. I have my own hardwood buisness, I deal with alot of distirbutors if i can find one that ships that area it will save you alot of money. If not frieght may be to much.
Hope all is well tell your family we said hey!
Kevin M. Fearer

Jason Mullins said...

Well, brother Kevin. We were just talking about you the other day. Actually as soon as the floor popped up for the second time. We were so sick over the weekend because of the mess and were set on hardwood. Now we don't know what to do. Is there a way or a site to view color samples?

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!