Monday, September 11, 2006

God's Perfect Will

Well, yesterday was an interesting day. For Children's Church, we are still BUGGY, we talked about the praying mantis. Although he is such an ugly critter, creepy too, he always brings his front legs up in the unique pose that resembles prayer. The timing of this in remarkable. It is just before he catches his buggy lunch. We talked about blessing our food each and every time we sit down to eat. I complied a refrigerator list of prayers for them. My favorite was, "For eggs, and bacon and buttered toast, Praise Father, Son and Holy Ghost. It was a very good morning.
I just had a feeling that I would be asked to preach for the pm service. I was. I had no idea what to preach. Usually the Lord kind of helps me along ahead of time. I finally had peace in the decision as I studied on being in God's will, not His permissive will but His perfect will. I desire to be in His perfect will. If it means that I leave behind what I call home, I am willing. It is scary and easier said than done. Jesus was tempted after His 40 day fast. The enemy watched Him all that time and knew when to come in. He offered and challenged Him with different things. Jesus has spent time with the Lord. He was ready. He emerged from every challenge set before Him. The devil's real purpose for confronting Him there was that he knew Christ's ministry was about to take off. Every time it seems that we are about to get going in the ministry we are embattled ourselves. Let's press on. Let's fight on. Don't give up or give in. Ministry is knocking at our door. Matthew 4:16 declares that Christ ministry had begun. His light began to show just after making through the battles. God help us. I don't want to settle for less than God's perfect will.

3 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

It isn't always easy to walk through the door that God opens, but the blessings are abundant when we KNOW that He is directing our path. I like the eggs and bacon prayer...kind of catchy. ~smile~

Vicki Smith said...

God bless you as you surrender to the Lord's leading. I left my "home" about 30 years ago. The first move was about a 7 hour drive away. It was hard. Then a year later we left for 2 years of evangelizing all over the US. Then we moved to a state over 1,000 miles from "home." Eventually Colorado became our home. Then we were called to leave there also. But we've always been happy where the Lord has led us. Every move was made in an endeavor to please the Lord and do His will. I never, EVER, would have imagined calling Cleveland home, but it appears that's what's in our near future. It's scary when you first make that step of faith, but as Sister Tammi says, it's SO rewarding! God always pays for what He orders. If we surrender our will to His, we'll NEVER be sorry. The only people who regret doing God's will are the ones who do it only half-heartedly and who aren't completely surrendered. We've got to be DEAD to self--not just half-dead. Half-dead is a miserable way to live! Completely dead is a joy! "For me to live is Christ, and to die is gain."

Jason Mullins said...

That is realy the way that I presented it to the congregation on Sun pm. There is joy and peace in total surrender. There are temporal things that bring us joy for a season, but the Lord loadeth us daily with benfits. I want to stay near Him. That is home. Home is really just a feeling more than a location. It is the place you feel most relaxed and at ease. I've a home prepared for me. Jesus went to prepare a place. He will lead me home. Thanks for all of the wonderful encouraging coments.

Thanks for posting twice Terra. Double blessing!

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!