Thursday, August 17, 2006

Who Makes This Stuff Up?

Well last night I labored in the house folding some laundry. I don't mind folding towels, but I despise folding shirts and sheets! I loathe it!!! I was sitting there doing that in the quiet of the wee hours and just began to think, who thought this up. Who decided that we should fold these. Why not live out of a pile? Sometimes we do when we are too busy to get caught up. Why is it not proper to come into someone's house and expect to see a pile of laundry on the couch? Company does not have to ask where things are. If they need a towel, they know right where to find it.
Mowing the yard? I had to start that project yesterday. We get such satisfaction from looking across a freshly mowed yard. Why is that? Who thought that up? Why is it not proper to allow your yard to grow naturally (other than the fact it would be a fire hazard). I think the weed cover might just shade the house enough to reduce energy costs.

I suppose it is all the curse of Adam. Wouldn't you like to throw some apples (fruit) at him sometimes. Say, "There's your fruit, buddy!" That would not seem sanctified though. Were it not for him we would have no clothes to fold for sure. I am not complaining although it may seem as though I am. I am just observing. I will soon be observing folding yet more clothes and mowing the rest of the yard unless I intend to go for the prairie look. I could declare the yard a wildlife habitat. Or I could just get off of here and get busy. *rasberry*

6 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

You definitely have a "man" attitude. My husband has observed, "Why do you bother to make the bed every day? You know you're just going to mess it up again every night!" Or, "You don't have to wash ALL the dishes--some dishes and silverware could be reused if it's not too bad." *oooh, gross!* If there were no women on the planet, I can't imagine how MESSY this world would be!

Jason Mullins said...

As far as washing the bed linens. I think that you should wash the sheets that are on there, dry them and put them back on. Tabithia, thinks you are supposed to rotate or something. The nerve. Too much work. It must have been a woman that thought all of this stuff up.

wemmies said...

I want to know who thought it was *in Martha Stewart voice* a good thing to start shaving legs?? That one annoys me! What can't it "look good" to have hairy legs? :P

ANNNNNNNNNNND... who made the "fat rule" exactly who made the cut off? *evil glare* *looking for a confession*

Okay, now you have me thinking too many things. That should keep me up all night. Thanks. :P

Jason Mullins said...

It seems that I hve touched on a subject that is near and dear to us all. Where did all of the craziness we do get started? We can get so caught up in all of the traditions and pet peeves and obsessive compulsive disorders that we lose sight of what is important, reaching out to those in need. Whether they be of the household of faith or not. I suppose if you are going to hand someone a towel or give them clothes it is better for them to be clean and folded. So there we are back doing all of our chores again.

Sis Wendy, I understand in part. When i worked at the vet clinic I wondered who decided to shave this dog or clip his little tail off? Where did that start?

Bro Robert, welcome. So glad you could stop by. I understand the different degrees of dirtiness. If I have ever practiced that I will not divulge in this public arena. Okay, I probably have thought that--done that--whatever.

Bro Ray, we at this point do not have rooms. My agent who is lurking out there reading this, I know you are, is so fired!!!

Sis Vicky Bly, it sounds as though you are now homeless--no intent to be insensitive. I suppose the couch is better than a cardboard box any ole day although I am sure it is very tempting at times.

Sis Smith and Sis Erika, I actually made the bed yesterday. I guess I was inspired. As far as dishes. I have a dishwasher and if it is not dw safe then it is too bad. It is the dw or the trash at my house.

Sis Terra, I got a bit out of order in replying. So goes the old cliche, "Last but not least." I am so glad that the insanity I call merriness could be a blessing to someone else. To most around here it seems to be craziness, but there is a small audience out there appreciates such humor.

God bless you all. I think my reply is as long as the post itself. I am as bad as that overseers wife out there in Texas. Sorry, Bec. I could not resist.

wemmies said...

I have a room that I am not going to use. It is at the Microtel. It is reserved Wednesday-Friday night, $133.26, if you know anyone that needs it let me know. I plan to cancel Monday. :D

cokelady said...

Here's something to add to your list, Jason. Who made the rule that you have to be ridiculed and mocked and made fun of just because you have more to say than your less articulate associates?!?!? HHHMMMMMM???

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!