Friday, August 18, 2006

Under Construction

I have been of the subject on mudane chores. Here is another--painting. I have decided to change my office up a bit. It is now very whimsical. People originally thought it was our nursery. It was neat, kind of. But now I have grown tired of it. So tomorrow, bright and early I will begin the chore of changing the two-tone walls to a nice shade of gray. I know that sounds melancholy. I happen to like gray. This pewter gray color will cover up the little orange goldfish that were present before--all 25 of them. Yes, I know, that is sick. It is not nearly as sick as eating Rudolph. You know who I am talking to. I am not sure what part of that is worse, suffocating the little fish or the fact that they graced my walls to begin with. Well, I must be going. Duty calls. I will post some before and after pics once I get it all done. God bless ya!!!

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I had a panic attack when our pastor, Brother Lanny Carter, said he was painting the interior of the whole church grey because he got the paint for nearly nothing and he's a "good deal fiend." It actually looks really good with white trim. Pretty classy. Manly. Certainly more manly than little goldfish. *rolling eyes* Will the new decor have any effect on the types of sermons you'll be coming up with? Will the new manly office impede your silliness? If we start seeing a seriousness emerge in your posts early next week we're going to demand you repaint the goldfish. ;-)

cokelady said...

I happen to have a gray office, myself. Although I'm sure it's as FUN as gray can be, thanks to Mom and those funky double rollers of ours. (Or is that dueling rollers?) In any case, it does disturb me a bit to find that you've been living with goldfish all over your walls. Gray may be dull, but goldfish are just plain WEIRD. So...why am I surprsed again???

By the way, lay off the "overseer's wife" thing--it kind of creeps me out!

Jason Mullins said...

Well, we have all heard people talk about what they think is uncertain as a gray area. I wonder what my name it half the time so it seems fitting. It is the perfect room for my confusion/delerium.

I know the gold fish were just a bit sick. I am not sure where that came from. Oh, yes I do. It was going to be a fishers of men theme. It never panned out completely. THey were cute little fish. I have some pics to remember them by. I am not done getting everything back together. My computer was set up in the hall floor just so I could finish Children's Church for Sunday. Pictures are coming soon.

I put all of my books new shelves. Wow!!! They look great.

I have long been inspired by the money from a fish's mouth story and never knew why until now. Hmmmm.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!