Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Sweetest Thing

Oh, I almost forgot something. Really what is was, I just wanted to post twice in once day so to make up for my absence. Sunday at Church, we had a testimony service. Sis Mary stood up to testify and during everything else that she said, she mentioned her granddaughters. She had asked them what they thought about Children's Church. The older girl, Jade, said, "It's just like heaven." They enjoyed it so much. that just makes you feel really good. We talked about bees Sunday. They knew a lot about them. We covered the "Bee Attitudes" and different ways to "Bee." Bee Kind...Holy...Busy...Happy...Brave...Strong...and had verses to go along with. We should all Bee like Jesus. On the way to the Assembly, in Tennessee there are road signs that say "Bee Alert..." My wife's grandmother saw that one time and said, "They must have a lot of bees out here." She did not read the rest of the sign, "Bee Alert, Arrive Unhurt."
Next Sunday we will talk about the butterfly. Even the beautiful butterfly begins as just a nast little worm. I am going to wrap the kids in toilet papper to put them in a coccoon. That will represent prayer. It will be fun! God bless you all.

5 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Would you believe that I did the same thing with the "Bee Alert" sign. Then I saw another one down the road and realized my mistake.

That is so great about the kids enjoying Childrens' Church. I had a feeling that you would be an awesome Childrens' Church teacher.

Vicki Smith said...

Toilet paper cacoons. I love it! What fun you'll have.

Jason Mullins said...

That is hilarious about the signs. If the toilet paper really transforms them and they emerge more beautiful in the plan of God I will bring a lot of TP to the Assembly. We have a lot of wrapping to do. I might could/should run a few rolls around me.

Momma Tammi said...

Take pictures! We want to see your little caterpillars.

Vicki Smith said...

LOL! Bring a SEMI TRUCK LOAD of tp! :-)

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!