Friday, August 04, 2006

Light Words

It seems today that there is light everything from bread to mayonnaise to bologna. Oh, I am making myself hungry here (except that mayonnaise thing--that is gross). We are spiritually in some very heavy times. For those of your personality hounds out there, a sanguine *raising hand* has a very hard time being serious and dealing with all of the heaviness. So, I have chosen to be my normal silly self here today. Now, if I can just think of something light.

I've got it. Last night I was leaving work at the hospital which by the way was not a fun night. Anyway, it sits on top of a hill so you have to walk down a slope to get to the parking lot. There is a garage to park in but I am just way to cheap to pay to park. I would rather drive all over the parking lot like a vulture looking for someone to move toward there car. It really is like a vulture how you just kind of leer at them with no facial expression. You watch row by row to see where they are going. When the moment presents itself, it is as if your massive wings swoop down closing in for the ---parking spot. I am off subject again. Can you imagine listening to me preach?

Back to the story...So, I notice this old car has left its lights on. I looked around to get a description of the car and memorize the license number. I began the trek back up the hill to tell security. I felt the burn in my leg muscles as I climbed Everest. Alas, I reached the top to see a rent-a-cop standing there expressionless as if guarding Buckingham Palace. In fact he had not moved because he was covered in our state bird--mosquitoes. They were biting him on the face. He never swatted. Finally I stirred him to action. When I described the car--he knew which one it was. He knew all of that time. Suddenly I did not feel very safe. Here was a security guard that was nearly being carried off by mosquitoes that I was not even sure was alive. Perhaps he needed a transfusion. The other night we had a potentially threatening situation. Police were all over the place. No wonder. The Buckingham Guards provide little protection. Parking control I guess.

That story lacked a bit. But today that is all I have. Tomorrow I plan to yardsale again, Lord willing. Perhaps someone will come along and eat some weeds or something. I don't know. Until then, God bless you all!

3 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

All of us melonheads need some of that sanguine hilarity about now. I hope you have some really good stories from your yard sale!

cokelady said...

I enjoyed the story. Especially the part about stealthily trailing the unsuspecting pedestrians who may unwittingly lead you to an open parking space. I thought I was the only one who did that! James certainly doesn't have the patience to do such a thing. He's 98% Choleric (REALLY, no exaggerating here)and would be more likely to loop the parking lot 8 or 10 times than to wait patiently for someone to walk to their car, get in, and drive away. Anyway, great story. I'm anxious for the yard sale. I hope the weed man is back.

Momma Tammi said...

Any funny stories to tell? I'm desperate!

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!