Saturday, August 12, 2006

The Comfort of Prayer

It seems that so many have been posting about the power that they have found in prayer. There are those facing arduous trials and have found the coping power of prayer and quacking. Truly, there is power in prayer. Lives have been transformed, saved, healed all because someone prayed. We know of this power and have experienced it in our own lives. Now, we depend upon this to bring about the needed peace to our souls and to our churches. God certainly hears the prayers of His children. Countless verses shed light on the truth of this. Matthew 7:7 is one such verse.

That was all very serious and eloquent. Now, I will finish this up with what has been term a "Jason Mullins spirit." The other night I was taking care of a woman in the CT suite that was very hearing impaired. Okay, she could not hear thunder! Anyway, she argued with me as to why she should have the test done. I was using pen and paper to communicate and feeling a bit of carpal tunnel syndrome by that point. Finally I called her nurse who came over with he family to convince (or force) her to do the exam. Well, that being settled, she reluctantly moved over to my table from her stretcher. As we were nearing the start of the exam, she began to say, "Help me Lord, Jesus." She was praying. I thought I would write here a note to let her know that I would be praying for her as well during the test. I wrote, "I will pray, too." all of a sudden in her normal loud tone, because she can't hear how loud she is, she exclaimed, "Where do you go to church?" Proudly I was about to write her another note to let her know. She said, "There ain't but one church, the Church of Christ." I was like, "Oops! I am supposed to be calming her down." So I ignored the question and was going to proceed. Once again, "Where do you go to church?" I did not ignore that time as I wrote out, "The Church of God." She read it, "The Church of God? I go to the Church of Christ." She relaxed and did not say anything else. I prayed from the control room and all went well. See there! There is power in prayer regardless of where you go to Church. *laughs*

1 comments:

Jason Mullins said...

I agree she needs lots of prayer! *snorts*

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!