Thursday, April 17, 2008

Where Have I Been?

It has been forever since my last post. I have never even gotten my pics from vacation up. We had a wonderful time in sunny Puerto Rico. I guess I should say mostly sunny, because it rained like crazy on us the last day. That was cool though, we had done all that we had set out to do. It was not as user friendly as Hawaii. It was very unique and you had the feeling that it was absolutely ancient. I have post a few pics to kind of let you see what it was like. Yes, Sis Tammi, I love US territories. Tabithia and I are considering passports for Christmas.
In Puerto Rico we hiked a rainforest, we sailed out to an off shore island on a catamaran (can you say seasick?) and we toured Old San Juan. In Old San Juan we went in and explored over 400 year old forts that American ships bombarded in conquest of the island. I mentioned that PR was not very user friendly. One thind about it thou, it was very hands on. There were no restrictions in the forts, you could go where you wanted, even in the guard lookouts that over hang the walls. It was the same in the rainforest. You could get off the path in the stream. People swim in the falls. I was able to get some very good pictures (over 700) We walked and were so active. We are in very good shape. Or we were.
It was very beautiful and comparable to the cost of living where I live. I think we need a PR mission church. I don't speak Spanish. What a shame. I am about out of time and will tell more later!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!