Wednesday, April 23, 2008

I love little baby ducks...Old pick up trucks...Not so much...

I had some time off this last weekend finishing up my vacation time before it runs out. Of course Tabithia wants to clean up the farm every chance we get. This small piece of land contains years of accumulation of her grandfather. He still operates his horse...uh...well...He just has some horses back there. Sometimes as many as ten. I think we are a little below that now. It is amazing there is room for that many horses with all of that junk. We have burned termite colonies that were once stacks of boards. We have loaded trailers with heaps of metal to be recycled and I think raised over $1000 for whatever cause it is going for. I think it is cause he needs some money. That brings me to my title. There are old truck beds and one complete smashed in old truck. Why? Why do old(er) people find the need to head up, hoard up mountains of worthless stuff? I know one man's trash is another's treasure. I see no value in much of this. I do not like these old pick up trucks and don't know how we will ever get them loaded and gone.

As for the little baby duck, I have one. After years of having ducks, finally one hatched a baby. It is the cutest little thing. Mama duck is protective, too. She has been less than friendly to me. She never heard that old adage about biting the hand that feeds you. She is guarding it very well. We had another one over the weekend that did not make it. This one is very healthy looking and does well with the others, too. I am so proud and I took the best picture of it yesterday. I will have to post that some other time. You will love it also. I also forgot my jump drive with Puerto Rico pics. That will have to wait as well. Today you just get me. Isn't that enough?
That is really all I have at this time. I can remember saying that when I started preaching and have heard others say it. That is all I have. Usually that was when it was so short that you would not believe it was over. No, really, that is it. That's funny. I had not thought about that in a while. I never do that anymore. I think they said my message itself was only 20 minutes Sunday. Tabithia, who accuses me of longwindedness, said it was just right. I was just so sick. Really I was done though and then we formed a prayer line in which the whole congregation passed through. There were more people there than it seemed. The line just kept coming. Prayer lines are really a lot of work. I learned that at the General Assembly. My voice is usually always gone by the time we are half way. Good times! I would rather loose my voice in Church (some people would not understand that at all) than at a football game. I don't even understand football. Am I un-American? I grew up a small school where we did not have football. We consolidated to a school that had it but the interest was never there.
The merry rambler has said too much. I gotta go!

1 comments:

cokelady said...

Looking forward to pictures of the little duckling. No name yet???

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!