Friday, April 25, 2008

Drumroll please...Ta Da-uck...




This is the duckling that hatched Monday, I think. We managed to steal it away from its very upset and very aggressive mother. I thought she was going to eat me live. It was so loud. Don't mess with a mama duck! We actually just borrowed him for a little while. A poultry expert informed us that she would be fine with the adult quackers. "How do I know it is a she?" you ask. It is quite simple. A human female gathering is often referred to as a "hen party." This is due to the loud and often obnoxious sounds that are emitted from the gaggle. Young female ducks can be identified by the amount of noise they make. Male hatchlings are quiet(er). My how nature imitates civilization. Ha...ha...ha...ha! I had to let everyone know just how much I laugh as I type this. This little girl has no name as of yet. I am open to suggestions. Quack now or forever hold your peace.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!