Wednesday, August 08, 2007

My Little Boy Is Growing Up...

Where to begin here. My last post was Friday. I went off to work that night had a really good night, thank God. I worked enough to keep myself going but not enough to run myself crazy. The real craziness was the next day. There is a place in Memphis called the New York Suit exchange. They have a sale every so often where you get three suits, three shirts, three ties, three belts, three pairs of socks...for $200. So I slept a little while and Tabithia woke me up to run over there. I went to bed at noon. She awakened me at 4pm. I had myself convinced the whole time that I would be fine. I thought I had had 6 hours sleep. I must have been delirious. When I realized I only had four, I was nearly in a panic. I thought I would be so tired. Saturday night was pretty calm, too. Oh, well, I had three new suits. It was worth it. We stopped at a barbecue place in Marion that I had always wanted to try, Tops. The quality of the meat was very good. It was just a little bland. It was not bad though.

I got home watched a little of America's Got Talent and headed off to work. Sunday all went well. I got up on Monday and was reading this book I found in my stuff the other day. It is called, "Preparing to Teach the Word of God." It is a really old book with yellow pages. IT was my great aunt's. Most of the time I may start a book like that, but when I realize how crazy it is I put it away. Some folks just believe anything. This book is different. It is very inspirational. It is a good book. Anyway, I was reading and someone rang the doorbell. I was not prepared for that nor dressed for it, so it took me a little time to get that way. The knock became more and more fervent. I could not imagine what they wanted. I finally got the the door and there is this hyper guy, Cooley, he called himself. He basically does a rap right there in my front yard. I thought, "O' no, it is one of those traveling salesman." Not so. He talked fast at first, but I never heard him get anywhere near that again. He actually talked very, very very slow. He wanted to pave my driveway. I had been intending to get an estimate for that. The driveway was gravel with a few potholes. They actually made us a good deal. So, I now live down a paved driveway.

I got to work that night and got a very good deal on lunch, $1. Then my day took a turn for the worse. It seems that my state license had lapsed. I had a major ordeal over that and hop that it is resolved. I worked all day yesterday on that. I have to call today to find out whether I have to drive tow hours to Little Rock or not. Every time I go there I get lost. I do not like Little Rock.

O yeah, let me quit rambling long enough to get to the title of this post. Mushu, it turns out can really jump. He jumps up to the edge of the pool without problem or hesitation. The reason I say he is growing up is due to the fact that he is eating dry food. I think canned food stinks and is gross. He does not feel the same. I had been wanting to try him on some dry food. Yesterday was the day. He dove into it. It went that well. I think he has been sneaking into the dog food when his bowl runs empty anyway. He is determined not to starve to death. He is pretty funny. He has had no major disciplinary problems lately. He is not too hard to put back up because it is 100 degrees here. He just pants outside. So do the dogs. I do, too. Bluh!

I guess I will go see what today holds!

2 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Awwwwwwwwww...the weather is perfect. I'm off to pick green beans for canning. Have a wonderful day in the sauna. ~giggling smirk~

Washington Okie said...

Brother Jason, I remember you telling me about that suit place, do they have a web site? Did you get some new suits?????

Bro. Ray

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!