Friday, August 03, 2007

Repetition...

Contrary to common thought, any sane thought anyway, my title has but little to do with my subject (I don't really have a subject). I could not come up with a title I have not already used. So, please excuse my redundancy. I instead chose to label my post as repetition. That is probably what the subject material is anyway. I have no material, but who said you had to have something to blog about. It could be a lengthy essay of my inner most thoughts. That is pretty shallow. It is probably just more of the nonsense I call merriment.
I could be doing all kinds of things right now. I need to vacuum the pool again. I need to mow the yard. The weedeating is all done--Yeah, me! It is so seldom all finished at once. I really need to get on that mower though. Tabithia has mowed the last three times. What a doll! It is certainly my turn. I also have to take a nap. I know that does not seem a necessity, but I have to work all night long tonight so I normally lay down just to power nap sometime during the day.
It is so stinking hot here! You can absolutely see the air. It is near unbearable. Who has ideal climate right now? Maybe I should move there. If you climate is ideal now it probably get well below zero in the winter. I am not into that either. Mosquitoes are really not overwhelming this year. They are not exactly good, but in comparison to the swarms we normally breed in these parts, we are doing well. That is probably do to the fact that it has not rained in forever. I have heard that hot weather makes people cranky. I can tell by my tone that I need a cool refreshing shower. Don't take that to mean that I do not have good personal hygiene. I nice rain would be great. Spiritually a shower would be great as well, but I am not as cranky in that area. Really, we had Communion and Feet Washing last Wednesday night. It was a really sweet service. My feet are clean at least. You know, I really just do not like feet. When I was doing X-rays, I could not even touch a foot without gloves. I find them absolutely disgusting. That and spit. I cannot deal with saliva. That grosses me out worse than near anything. How did I get to this subject? Well, I am here. Feet, for some reason, are deemed untouchable by me. So, it is truly a humbling experience for me. Jesus really knew what He was doing there that night. What a lesson it teaches me every time. One brother said Wednesday that we hesitate to do the things that are good for us. Feet washing is good for us. It was a command that we should do unto each other as he had done. The Son of God, King of Glory knelt to wash His disciples feet. There is no one better than Him! I can do it.
Let me ask this. Does anyone else feel the emergent need to wash your hands afterwards? It was humbling to do it but I don't want to touch my face or blow my nose with foot stuff on me. The strange thing there is it is okay for me to blow my nose in service and not feel the emergent need to wash, but if I touch your foot--no way! I wash my hands after hand shakes, too. Am I a bad person? Does anyone else do any of this?

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but in my opinion no sane, well adjusted person has the phobias you mentioned. There. Does that make you feel better? I mean, after all, you've never really deemed yourself to be sane and well-adjusted, have you?

Perfect climate? I can for sure tell you it is NOT Cleveland, TN! We've been waking up to all the windows on the first floor of the house being fogged up ON THE OUTSIDE from the heat and humidity. That's just GROSS! My sweet husband hung a new wicker porch swing for me 2 weeks ago but I've only been able to sit in it once or twice because it's been too hot to be outside day or night. How he mowed the lawn last night, did the weed-eating and leaf blowing without passing out, I don't know. He's a trooper. Bless his heart.

Momma Tammi said...

What are you? A germaphobe? *rolling eyes* Apparently not if you can blow your nose and not feel the need to wash your hands but totally gross out over feet. Hmmm...you are a strange bird, but we love ya anyway. ~smile~

As for perfect weather...we have it here. From what I understand, the winters are fairly mild too. I'm lovin' it!

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!