Thursday, August 23, 2007

A Decade and a Day


Yesterday marked a decade of wedded bliss for Tabithia and I. I had thought about it all day long. I could not wait for her to come home. I wrote her a poem. We were not gifting this year because we are going to Hawaii in about four weeks. It was a Church night so time for anything extra special was very limited and we were both fine with that...I thought. When Tabithia got home, I was still out with the dogs. That did not seem to go over very well but not that badly. I told her I could still be ready in the time it takes her. She took forever getting ready. By the time she was completely done it was 6:15. Then she began to pick fights over not being ready to go. I was ready. She started getting so nasty. I was just mad. I thought why has she come home to ruin this special day. the only embrace I wanted to give here included strangling. I could not believe it. Those little butterflies in the stomach feelings I was having turned to indigestion. It was about time to leave for Church, she did not want to leave too early. So we waited a little longer. We were a couple of minutes late but it was not started yet.


By the time we got there I wondered why I had even gone. I was not the least bit happy. Here this special day was ruined. We went through the whole service and finally to the end. I was still trying to salvage the night and go out after Church. Bro Robert, our CPMA booster, turned the service back to Bro Lawrence, our pastor. I thought we must be having a conference, maybe something we needed to take care of before the Assembly. I thought, "Oh, why does it have to be tonight." then as he took the stage a familiar song began to play, Valentine. I recognized it immediately but still thought it was like a happy anniversary thing but why were they playing it over Brother Lawrence. We were having a conference. About that time he asked me to come up front. As I stood there, down the isle came that mean old girl that had been so nasty to me an hour before. She had on that same dress she wore a decade ago. It had all been part of her devious plan to confuse me. All of a sudden an arch came from the back. We were having a wedding. I was so shocked and yes, my eyes filled with tears. Even though she had been so mean I said, "I will," again.


Someone told us after Church we were in "Double Marriage." All of the meanness had been an act. People are so crazy. They think they have to make you furious to keep you from figuring things out. I must say, it is pretty clever. For one time she totally surprised me. I just love that little girl!
That picture is the original. I don't have any of the new ones yet.

2 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

That is so totally cool! I didn't realize that yall's anniversary was two days after ours. Happy VERY late anniversary!

Jason Mullins said...

Thank you and the same back at you. I shall always remember yours now. Wait, I forget my own sometimes. Happy belated!

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!