Friday, October 05, 2007

Home Again...

Well (that is a pretty deep subject), I am home at last. I have some really great pictures (about 2000) but they are all on my computer at home. I would like to say that I will get them on soon but we are having a revival this weekend and I am back to work tonight. It will probably be Tuesday before I can get anything up.
We barely made it home. Our flight that we were supposed to board on Sunday night was cancelled. So Northworst airlines put us up in a nice motel. It sounds exciting to be stranded in Hawaii for an extra day. Not so much! We were near a maze of overpasses and airports. It is one of the least scenic places of the island.
I do not want the negative experience trying to leave and three days spent in airports to make it sound like we did not enjoy our vacation. It was wonderful. Picturesque sunsets, helicopter rides, snorkeling, rock collecting, beach combing, an attempt at surfing (that did not go well). There is just too much to tell and it would be too much to read. My pictures will tell the story if I ever get them on here. I have had much to do since coming home. My grass was knee deep....It was all worth it though. Wow! We had some wonderful food...purple sweet potatoes, taro bread, poi (not so good), Kahlua pork, coconut pudding, fresh, fresh, fresh pineapple. I think pineapple goes with everything now. They do say that eating it after a big meal aids in digestion. Put some pineapple on the table at the next Church pot luck you have.
It was all so great. I shall tell more when time permits. To be continued...

3 comments:

Jason Mullins said...

I forgot to mention that this was my BIRTHDAY!!!!

cokelady said...

Oh, um-- HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I've been meaning to get that card in the mail, you know. Had it sitting around for months now. ~ahem~ Anyway, I guess you're officially older than me again now, right?! ~aahhh~ That feels good.

Sounds like quite a trip--I look forward to hearing more about it!

Momma Tammi said...

Getting stranded in Hawaii is NOT fun! But...it is absolutely beautiful. Looking forward to hearing of all your wonderful adventures. BTW...Happy Birthday! Hope it was grand!

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!