Thursday, October 18, 2007

A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words...

I am not so naive to think that I can just put up a bunch of pictures and expect not to give some of amazingly witty commentary at some point. Really, I am not that full of myself. IT just sounded good at the moment. Thanks to all of those who have had a limited Hawaiian vacation by looking at my snapshots. I have enjoyed all of your comments. Some of those places are so pretty it would be hard to take a bad photo. I have many more pics that I would like to post soon that bring more wow factor.
Sis. Becky, I took with me 2, 2 GB, memory cards and another camera with I think a 1 or 2 GB SD card. I took over 2000 pictures. It really did not seem like I was missing out taking pictures all of the time. That was really what I wanted to do. There were pictures to be had everywhere and I wanted them. It was really like inexpensive souvenirs. I have a lot of them. Some good...some not so good.
It has been a busy week here. I have made the trip to Memphis twice. I have to go to work here in just a couple of hours...only for 4 hours though. That seems hardly worth it. I was going to have to go up there anyway. We are having the "Safety Fair." It is a booth to booth set up of hospital procedures. If you miss it, you have to take a stack of tests that is a whole lot less enjoyable. So I must go. Tonight I have to go hear a lecture for continuing education credit. So, this day pretty well stinks.
There was talk of going on another trip next week...Las Vegas. I know what you are thinking..."Why would a Christian go to sin city?" I care nothing about Las Vegas, but it is a short trip from the grand canyon. The H&R Block Convention is there and a friend of ours is a franchisee. We often travel with him and get discounts. This time it seems we have wait too long to book our tickets and they have gone up too much. So, I think we stay home this time, unless rates drop which I doubt. So no Grand Canyon for me. I should have really liked to have photographed that. Wow!
I think I have rambled quite enough and failed to deliver on the witty part. So, I just give you commentary today. Perhaps tomorrow I will bring the wit.

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Ah, we'll take what we can get--wit, or no wit.
(Okay, Becki, there's the beginning of a poem. It's up to you to finish it.)

cokelady said...

Sorry, Ma, I don't know what to do with that. Like I said before, your rhythm and timing is way off--I can't follow that! ;-)

As for the Grand Canyon, it is AMAZING to see--I hope you get there sometime. (Although having to stay in Vegas almost makes it not worth it--I hope to NEVER step foot within those city limits again!!!) But no matter how excited you may be to photograph it, you would be disappointed with the whatever pictures you get. Not that they wouldn't be GOOD, but that's just one thing that a picture can't begin to contain. It's too spectacular and just way too HUGE to be able to truly "capture" in a flat image, you know? Still, I'd love for you to get the chance to try some day!

Jason Mullins said...

I suppose it is just as wll then.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!