Friday, October 19, 2007

At Wit's End...

Hmmm. Really I am not at my wit's end. I am not especially stressed. It has been a busy crazy week and the weekend now looms before me. When you only work three days a week those days that you work become exceptionally dreadful. That is not bothering me at this point though. That comes a little later in the day. I worked a whopping our hours yesterday but it was just as well. I had to go to that Safety Fai thing anyway. I think I blogged about that yesterday. I attended a very lengthy but interesting lecture on personalities last night. It is much deeper than the four (choleric, sanguine...). My sanguine personality prevents me from thinking any harder to come up with the other two. Sorry if I did not list you. Oh, well...this system has 16 personalities. It is the Meyers-Briggs system (MBTI). Again I don't remember what all of that means (the TI part). The speaker said that there were people in the nearly every community that could score your. It is not a test it is merely an instrument. So, I am going to find an online test which he advised against and see just what kind of person I am.
There really is something to personalities. We are all so different. When you couple personality with psychosis then it really gets interesting and you have most of my overnight patients in the CT department. They really are a different breed, most of them. Some people are ligitimately ill. Others are ill in a different way if you know what I mean.
O kay I took a little break here and you never knew it. I am possibly a INFP. Here's what that means. You let me know if it is a match.
"Usually gentle and kind, they are intense and passionate about their values and deeply held beliefs, which they share with trusted friends. Because of their discreet manner, their enthusiasm may not be apparent. They are sensitive to others' pain, restlessness or general discomfort and strive to find happiness, balance and wholeness for themselves in order to help others find joy, satisfaction and plenitude. They are deeply empathetic."
"They live life in an intently personal fashion, acting on the belief that each person is unique and that social norms are to be respected only if they do not hinder personal development or expression. They strive to adhere to their own high personal moral standards and are particularly sensitive to inconsistencies in their environment between what is being said and what is being done. Empty promises of adhering to something they value – such as environmental causes or human rights - set off an inner alarm and they may transform themselves into modern day Joan of Arcs."
"They are quietly persistent in raising awareness of cherished causes and often fight for the underdog in quiet or not-so-quiet ways. In a team, they will raise issues of integrity, authenticity, and good or bad, and may to opt out if the team refuses to address the questions raised. "
"They are usually tolerant and open-minded, insightful, flexible and understanding. They live for the understanding of others and feel deeply grateful when someone takes the time to get to know them personally. They have good listening skills, are genuinely concerned, insightful, and usually avid readers. At their best, they inspire others to be themselves."
I did not read all of it yet but some of it seems right. I say that is my possible personality because to know for sure I need to pay the $35 and take the whole test of 93 questions. For now i am an INFP. What are you?

3 comments:

Wayne and Charlotte Dixon. said...

I love studying about the personalities! I have read all kinds of books about them. I especially like the ones Florence Littauer has written. I am a choleric. Love the pictures from Hawaii. We would love to go there sometime. Tell Sister Tab I said hi! Love y'all. Charlotte

Vicki Smith said...

16 traits to figure out is just TOO complicated! I'll stick to the basic 4. I'm Sanguine/Melancholy or Melancholy/Sanguine. I've tested out both ways. Brother Smith's definition of a Melancholy (which he read somewhere and LOVED) is: someone who takes great pains . . . and gives them to everybody else. *rolling eyes* He's disgustingly Phlegmatic, which essentially means he gets his kicks out of tormenting and aggravating the daylights out of Sanguine or Melancholy personalities. --I could indentify with the first 3 paragraphs in you post, but the 4th one not so much.
Sister Charlotte, you're a Choleric and you love studying the personalities? That's a first! Most of the Choleric's I'm acquainted with DESPISE the temperment study. You must have a significant percentage of another trait. :-)

Jason Mullins said...

I tried to post on my break at work the other night. The provided kiosk in a bit tempermental. Sis Charlotte, so glad you could stop by. And, yes, Sis Smith, 16 types is a bit complicated but it was very interesting. I need to find a place to get the complete MBTI for free and then I would see who I truly am. I really know who I am so why do I care? It si just something to play with a guess. A new toy if you will.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!