Thursday, May 18, 2006

Seattle 2006



On our way back from BC, we stopped in Seattle for a few hours. Tabithia and I went up in the Space Needle and out onto the open-air observation decks. it was very pretty to over-look the Pacific Ocean and the downtown area. Seattle has the prettiest downtown I've ever seen. It was actually clean. The people there for the most part were rude.

We had a five hour layover there. We had to pay a gob of money to catch a bus to catch another bus to get down there. Then on the way back we had to catch another bus to catch the bus we were on the first time to take us back to the airport. our plane left at 12:27, we arrived back at the airport at 12:07 and still had to be searched for bombs and guns, catch a train and four sets of escalators, and run to the gate. It was crazy. We were that last ones on board. Whew!!! I knew that if we did not make it, all of our clothes were on that plane. I was scared to death.

1 comments:

Kasey said...

If you ever get a chance to go back, you need to eat in the restaurant at the top of the space needle. It's quite $$expensive$$ but the floor turns as you eat (very slowly thankfully, or you'd hurl!)and you end up getting a 360degree view of the city by the time it's all done! It's really neat.
BTW I am Sista Kasey from Idaho, now a transplant to the south by marriage. Your simple life surrounded by animals is my dream! I want my horses, a wrap around porch, some chicken atleast one cow, and I'm good!

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!