Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Okay, Okay!!

I was reading the daily joke on Beliefnet today and found it quite interesting.

"Two church members were going door to door. They knocked on the door of a woman who clearly was not happy to see them. She told them in no uncertain terms she did not want to hear their message and then slammed the door in their faces.To her surprise, the door did not close. In fact, it bounced back open.Seeing the two church members at the door frustrated her. She stormed back to the door and flung it shut.But the door still didn't close. Furious, she grabbed the door with two hands and shoved it as hard as she could. But again, the door wouldn't shut.Convinced one of these rude church members was sticking a foot in the door, she reared back to give the door a slam that would really teach them a lesson. Just then, one of the church members said, "Ma'am, before you do that again, you might want to move your cat."

I guess I have had writer's block (not completely) . It has been an interesting time around here since last Thursday. That is a long story and nothing for the ole blog. Let me just defend myself on the slow posting. I was just following Bro Ray's example. I also feared Tabithia running through the house saying "Blog. Blog. Blog." But I am back.

For all of those cat owners out there please watch for your pets when JW's are at the door. The more subtle and Christlike approach would be to invite them in for prayer. They seldom go for that.

4 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

That was great! All except slamming the cat in the door! How rude!

I'm guessing that things some problems haven't improved much in your area. Praying for you guys!

I have to tell you...I can see Tab walking through the house like my husband saying, "blog, blog, blog!" Give her a hug for me.

Thanks for an interesting post. Keep'em coming!

cokelady said...

Oh, Ray. Excuses, excuses, excuses!

I enjoyed the joke, Jason. I'm anything but a cat lover, so it wasn't the least bit offensive to me. Sister Tammi, on the other hand... She knows me well enough to not be offended (I hope!) when I say that the first cat that should've been slammed in a door is that wretched thing she named Bear several years ago. Just ask my brother -- he can attest to it's devilish demeanor.

BLOG! BLOG! BLOG!

Momma Tammi said...

Bear knew who he could torment and Jonathan was a PRIME TARGET! Beat loved every moment of it! ~grin~ My baby passed away in 2002 and I miss him a lot.

Bear is the black cat in the picture on my chest of drawers in the bedroom that you stayed in.

No Bec, I'm not offended. I know how everyone felt about Bear, but I also knew that God gave him to me for a purpose. You guys never got to know the cat that I fell in love with, so I can forgive your crummy attitude towards my sweet, adorable, lovable, ornery cat. ~hee hee~

Jason Mullins said...

I know what it is like to have a cat that you love yet there is a deep part of you that is terrified of him. We had a cat like that. There were times when walking I would get some kind of object to protect myself from his primal instints. He would for no reason go crazy, jump on your leg with claws and teeth and attack. It was very terrifying. There were plenty of times I dared him to do it. It was never when I was prepared.

No things in our neck of the woods are not quite improved. In fact there has been somewhat of a turn for the worse which should be resolved before long. That was some of the reason for my slow posts.

Brother Ray, I understand fully not being able to compete with these ladies in posting and how there is such a pressure to keep the blog alive. I feel it as well. So, Blog. Blog. Blog.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!