Thursday, May 15, 2008

Weeds In The Garden...

Well, I will start by stating that after 4 weeks, Scooter is still in the house. He seems to be half grown and we still have no intentions of returning him to the others at this point. In fact there have been rumored successful house-breaking's of ducks. I will research that a little once I get off here. I finally named the other new duck that lives with his momma, Goose. Out there is Duck, Duck, Duck, Duck, Duck...GOOSE! I love it!
Enough about the ducks though. It seems that I have to pull weeds every time I turn around. Places where I just pulled weeds the next day will have more. It is kind of like a gray hair. They say don't pull them or ten will take its place. Some people should really have listened. No, I am just kidding. I do not believe the superstition. I do not pull my gray hairs because I am follicularly challenged and no matter what color, every hair counts. Where was I? Yes, weeds! No, not weed, but weeds. The way my mind jumps around I wonder about the first. I will be the first to say I never smoked marijuana. My uncles did in front of me though while they were supposed to be the responsible ones babysitting me! No wonder I am so warped. One of those uncles has really turned his life around. The other...not so much. Let's see...follicularly challenged...pot...WEEDS!
I thought it best to start a new paragraph (if blogger really breaks it up. For some reason my paragraphs never split ????) I pull weeds and pull weeds (THANKS A LOT ADAM!) . There are some I do not. Those that would risk uprooting a valuable plant I leave. I don't want to damage the good by removing the bad. In some cases I could probably get the weed out with some minor damage to the roots. I don't want to stress that plant or cause undue pain. Some things may be considered weeds but I like them and tend them tenderly as my little green children (I am crazy today). It has been said one is nearest to God when in a garden. I don't know all about that, there have been many times I have felt him closer. But there are some deep lessons that can be learned. We grow here in the Garden of God and He tends us to be the very best plant. Some perform different tasks. One thing is sure, the grass whithereth and the flower fadeth. There is but a short time, a short growing season to catch the eye of someone. Just as plants don't so much draw attention to themselves, we reflect back the mastery of the Gardener. Some plants are fussy and require much toiling and care. Others just need the right conditions. He knows our perfect placement, care instructions. He knows just where to place us on the path to be awe inspiring. Plants are at the whim of the gardener to do as he pleases. May we find ourselves in the same position of the Master Gardener.

2 comments:

Erika J. said...

You crack me up.

Jason Mullins said...

Erika, how nice of you to stop by.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!