Thursday, May 29, 2008

Way Past Due...




Well, I did so well for so long and then***raspberry***NOTHING! I know that must have left my blog fans hanging and I do apologize for that. I was just trying to post a picture, but somehow it did not work! We have yet another duck in our home. I went out to feed the squawkers Sunday afternoon and to my delight there was a tiny black hatchling still in part of its egg. I rushed to the scene and took it into my arms. Not only is it a black duck with little black feet but it also has a yellow belly, hence the name Chicken (coward). We tend to call it Chickie. It is very cute. Meanwhile, Scooter is nearly fully grown and, yes, still inside. He will follow you around in the yard like a puppy. I don't know about that. We have some puppies that came down from the farm the other day and they did not follow us one bit. They did manage to wallow out the flower bed though.
Let me talk about something unrelated to animals. The Lord laid on my heart a CPMA program to decorate the graves of our deceased members. I arranged R/W/B/P flowers with a tag. I have yet to get them placed. It is a shame that some of these resting places may have even been forgotten and uncared for all of these years. The tags proclaim the Biblical bursting forth. Though absent from the body, these members who left behind such rich heritage are present with the Lord. Placing these flowers shows that these Christian soldiers have not been forgotten, nor has their sacrifice and testimony. We had a very moving CPMA service the other night. We may not have some of the great properties that these funds (CPMA) once went for but we do have all of these others where great men and women were laid to rest. It would be great to have some permanent markers for this endeavor.
The pictures above are Maggie (Magnificent) Roloff. She is a "little dog." She is a third the size of her siblings. What she lacks in size, she makes up for in attitude. The other picture is the table I designed for our back porch. We wanted something bigger that would not break the budget. A ready made table was not available that fit those criteria. It has been pretty uneventful around here. Just working and cleaning...I guess I should get back to it.

2 comments:

cokelady said...

You need to take a family picture, you and Tabitha and all 18 pets... :-) Would love to see you all together.

Great idea for the CPMA. I'll be sure to share that with James--he'll thing it's neat. :-)

Jason Mullins said...

It would be extremely hard to get all of the pets in the photo. I might have to hire Mammarazzi Photo from out in Washington. Some of the pets do not like each other. They tolerate but are not the best of friends. I know some church members with that philosophy. Pitiful! Anyway it would be too much to handle.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!