Friday, May 02, 2008

Strange Night...



A few weeks ago we had the strangest night. I immediately ran for my camera knowing that this moment could not be duplicated. A storm had just passed through at sunset. That was the only sun we saw that day...right at the end. It was such a glorious sunset. It was dark and light all at the same time. The trees seemed golden. I just wanted to leave you all with this and the following two posts before the weekend. If you have not read in a while we have gone to the ducks. In that case there are several inspiring posts you should read (Is this a commercial for my blog or what?) I have much to do today. We have a mission auction at our Church tonight. See there, I do attend some functions. I have to do a little cooking and cleaning and sleeping today. It sounds like the weather will not permit much else. The rumble of thunder can be heard in the distance. What a good day for a nap! I don't say that lazily. For those who might not know, I go to work tonight as 10:30 and work until 11 am in the morning, then basically repeat it the following night. It is time for another crazy weekend of work. It really does get crazy. I had a girl tell me last week, "You would look cute with earrings." My thought was, "Girl, What is your problem, I look cute without them." Isn't that like the world? They think you have to have some bling to shine. I would rather shine with the Light and Love of Christ. I had another lady tell me she knew she had a tumor because it moved around just like a baby. I was like, "Woh! Get this woman a psych eval." While tumors do have their own blood supply and show up enhanced on contrasted CT's and are able to metastasize, they are not living breathing creatures that move around of their own will. They have no wills, brains or intelligence. It sounds like she had an alien to me. There is also the case of the shrunken head. A woman repeated exclaimed during her test, "You are shrink my head!" Sigh! The overnight hours on the weekend either produces those who are genuinely ill or those who are genuinely mentally ill. There is never a dull moment, I assure you.
I will just concentrate on that photo above and think of the beauty that God has made. We are, after all, fearfully and wonderfully made. That does not mean God was scared of us although some people scare me witless. He took great thought and care in creating us. The very design and complexity of our bodies clearly demonstrates that. So even those who seem a bit off...still deserve the same care from me. The Master potter is able to remove even the deepest marring from these vessels. I am not that potter, I just simply get them to His hands.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!