Wednesday, January 09, 2008

What Goes Up, Must Come Down...

Oh, yes. All of those beautiful, twinkling lights that were displayed in previous post, part of the probably over 2 million lights that tripled our normal electric bill, have to come down. It was all fun while it lasted, but now it is such a enormous chore. The grove inside seems to be mostly stripped of its glittered ornaments with a fine shimmer on nearly everything in the house. This is the messiest time of the year. The artificial needles are strewn from room to room. Boxes are stacked up as if the inhabitants will seek a new residence elsewhere. Wouldn't that be the easy thing? Just move out to a non-Christmas decorated house and live out the rest of the year. With my sickness I would probably have both places filled with the wonder and amazement of the season. I have to count every time I try figure out how many trees we have. Well, I bought three more this year, really more than that if you count some other little things. Hobby Lobby was 80% off the other day. Just let me say that if I had paid full price my bounty would have been over $600. What a bargain! Doesn't that always seem to justify it? This is a very un-Christmas time of year. No one really wants to talk about it. They are all very tired of it by now. So yes, what goes up, all the decorations and lights and trees, it all must come down. Then it will be carried load after load into the attic. What goes up into the attic must come down as well. I look forward to the next Christmas season, Lord willing, in which all of the many boxes come down once again and spill their contents into an otherwise very dark winter setting. I am ready again for the triple electric bill. That is the best time.

2 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

All I can say is that I'm glad that I'm not you and I don't have to take all of that stuff down and try to shove it all in the attic. Have you lost your mind...buying MORE?! I'm trying to simplify my life by getting rid of stuff and you just complicate your's more with every "after Christmas" sale. YIKES!

P.S. You can ramble on my blog anytime you would like. ~grin~

Jason Mullins said...

Thanks for the license to ramble.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!