Thursday, January 31, 2008

60 mph Plus...

On Tuesday we had 60 mph plus straight-line winds sweeping across our area that toppled utility poles, tossed big trucks line mere toys and snapped large trees like twigs. At my house the only damage was a few things blown around. Oh, yeah, the basketball goal was blown on top of a small fence. Very minor damage, thank God. Other had roof damage and trees on homes. We went out to eat while a friend of ours was in surgery. It was over 60 degrees. When we left the restaraunt it was cold.
I was thinking that is just how life comes out you. It comes roaring at over 60 mph and is subject to change at any time. Last week I was sick and could not wait to be off after Monday. Not so. I was awakened on Tueday by the hospital. One of our tech's father had a heart attack. She was off Tuesday and Wednesday. I worked both of those. Then on Thursday I attended the funeral of my childhood friend and cousin, Angela. She was only 31 with a 1 year old baby. Here one moment and gone the next. It is so sad. Friday I had to go to the orthodonist in Memphis and then back to work again that night. I don't remember the week before. I just know having the day off yesterday was wonderful. It felt good to get out of the rat race for just a little bit. I had a much slower pace yesterday. No 60 mph plus for me.
I don't plan on that today either but that can all change with little notice. We are under a winter weather advisory but I really thin we got cheated as there are only puddles outside today. I had hoped to get up this morning and photo a blizzard. I have some pictures I would like to post. perhaps tomorrow. If not then maybe next week.

2 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Yoohoo...anyone home?

Vicki Smith said...

Missing your blog. We missed you at your Youth Convention, too.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!