Thursday, January 03, 2008

Post #1

Wow! It is hard to believe 2008 has arrived so quickly. It seems that I have worked so much lately and had so little time to blog. I am very proud to have set a new record for myself...107 blogs last year. That is nearly an entry every three days. That is not too bad. Besides that who would want to read anymore of this meaningless garbage. I really do ramble...much like I am doing now.
It has been a whirlwind of activity over the past few days. Part of that cyclonic behavior has been scurrying around the Christmas merchandise clearance like a rat after a piece of cheese. As soon as I make it through the door of the stores I feel like it is a dead heat to get to where the goods are before anyone else. I don't run, but do walk very fast. I am sure i look like a junkie trying to get one last fix. I don't know how much has been spent. I even bought some from orientaltrading.com. Perhaps one of my prior posts was wrong. I am not so much a Christmas addict as and after-Christmas sale addict. I think I need therapy.
Have you ever noticed how many New Years we have in the Church. There of course is January 1st. Then we have District Conventions in which people come back talking about this they want to...Then is is not long until Youth Convention...Regional Convention...General Assembly...Minister's Convention. So many come back from all of these events saying this year I want/hope/pray to do better. It is so often the same ones who so quickly fall back into the same unchanged behavior. How many New Years with the same resolution must we have? The only thing we have not picked up on is Chinese New Year and that is only a matter of time. This is the year of the rat by the way (whatever that means). Enough of that soap box.
I am actually waiting on Hobby Lobby to open so that I can give them a call to determine the % off today. I think I have rambled enough for today. maybe next year I will not be so out of control with after-Christ clearance. Check with me again after District Conventions.
Happy New Year!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!