Friday, November 23, 2007

Rehab...

My name is Jason and I...am a Christmas addict. I am such an addict, in fact, that there are some 15-16 trees in our home all fully decorated. I have hung well over a thousand ornaments and there seem to some left over. Oh, my. Perhaps I need help. The inside of our Christmas grove is now at or near completion. The outside is a totally different story. I put in several hours on the roof on Thursday in the cold. I am only partially there. I am sure it is to the disappointment of my season fans that expect it to be finished already. There really are many that drive by to see the display. I could have done some today but we were among the crazed, sleep deprived people who were out and about before 4 am.
Yes, that is correct. There were many others out there as well. These folks are devoted. We braved thick crowds, hot tempers. Our battery died on us before 5 am. Who do you call at that time of the day? Thankfully there was a man that responded as I dragged the booster cables out. That is what the season is all about, after all. Peace on earth, goodwill to me and all. He told us to have a blessed day. I thanked him for all of his help. A blessed but but bushed day. I slept the afternoon away to catch up, I normally have to take a nap to get ready to work all night any way.
It was a trully blessed holiday and thus far a blessed weekend. I pray the remainder of it is the same. I am so excited that it is on now. Christmas is on! The music plays from every speaker, the smells permeate the air, augh...yes, thre air. It has that cool, crisp feeling (30 degrees here, feels like 23). It is finally time. My addiction is okay. Now, I am like everyone else and not the person who has a tree up in October. Just a little while to be "normal." Is there such a thing?
DISCLAIMER: I am unable to spellcheck from the terminal I am at. Forgiver me for any miskeys, etc.

5 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

Good grief! How in the world do you move in that forest that you have erected for yourself? You are too funny. I like Christmas...and usually TWO trees are my limit...one big and one small tabletop, but I cannot imagine having a tree in EVERY room. That must be an amazing sight. Enjoy the season while it lasts. I've already started listening to my favorite Christmas CD's.

So glad to hear that there was a good Samaritan out to help you guys when the car died. We decided not to venture out until 9:00, but we still got what we were going after for the wonderfully low price and amazingly...the people weren't crazed or RUDE or pushing and shoving. It was great! Even the cashiers were really friendly. I love this time of year. Hugs to Tab.

Vicki Smith said...

I . . . I . . . I . . . I just don't know what to say . . . 16 trees??? Doesn't sound healthy, and I'm not talking physically. *shaking head*

cokelady said...

WOW. I've got to agree--you're on a whole different plane than the rest of us, Jason. 16 trees. You should open the doors and charge admition. James would pay! Ha!

I'm glad it is now officially "your" time of the year and you're no longer considered a freak. I take that back. Everybody is excited about Christmas now, but anybody who has 16 trees and over 1,000 ornaments classifies as a little freaky ANY time of the year.

It's been ages since I've had a chance to stop in at your place (this blog, that is)--I'm glad to see you're still alive and kickin' and enjoying the season. Hope you've recovered from your 4:00am shopping. (Yet another piece of evidence proving that there's something definitely NOT RIGHT about you!!!)

Vic said...

It's all the radioactive isotopes that gets pumped through his brain on a daily basis...Him being a CT person and all...He probably glows in the dark too, he just hasn't been able to confess that problem yet...lol...

Jason Mullins said...

Well, if only I could glow in the dark...Then I would stand out in the yard and be another Christmas decoration!

the yard is another project that is under way. I don't know how many strands of lights have been stretched out at this point. It seems that many have decided not to work this year! Ugh!

I will post pics of all the madness when finished.

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!