Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Empty Nest...

It is always sad when they grow up and leave your once busy halls silent, lonely. Sad it is indeed. Okay maybe our figurative children have not left us, but Tabithia's grandparents have returned to their repaired/cleaned house after the fire. After a week and three days I guess I will again be responsible for my own dishes...terrible! I guess I will probably have to start folding laundry again...fooey! Life is so unfair. You raise them up right, teach them, train them and they leave you. This is just so hard to cope with.
We all knew the day would come that their house would be inhabitable again. The day would come when they would not come in late at night. They just didn't come home. All of this after we worked so hard to clean up a mess we had created getting ready for them. All of the Christmas trees have sprouted from the floor (no I do not live in a dirt floor house, albeit I do live in Arkansas. My neighbor's house was supposed to be dirt floor, they are tearing it down so I sneaked a peek, no dirt floor.) There were enough needles to think we had real trees. There are two in the living room, one each in the four bedrooms, one in the kitchen, one table top in each of the three baths. There are others awaiting placement. It is like a forest really. Our trees in the living room are HIS and HERS. It is a little friendly competition. I will try to post some pictures once the elves come and finish it all. Wouldn't that be great!
Well, I must get off here and get something accomplished. There are no elves and no grandparents gonna do anything around my place today. I need to adopt some homeless elderly people. Must be able to cook, clean and put dishes away in the proper spot (that is another story). Anyone that flies with an umbrella need not apply. I find that a little creepy with or without a spoonful of sugar.

2 comments:

Vic said...

I think you and Sis Becki Horne should get your creative brains together and write whimsical light hearted comedy books...I would so enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy this blog...

Jason Mullins said...

Oh, I'm blushing! Thanks!

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!