Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Time For a New Post

Hmmmmmm. Hmmmm. Hmmmm. I am searching. Thinking really hard. Oh, I just strained a neuron. I think I'll have to reboot. Please wait.

Well, the cold weather seems to have broken for just a moment. There are beautiful blue clear skies, warmer temps. I have raked nearly all of the leaves. Of course the magnolia tree will soon shed making the chore begin all of again. That is okay. It is just nice to be able to go out. I know it has been much colder in some the places where you live. But, hey, I never said I was tough.
Sunday morning we had a sick child in Children's Church. It began right before Children's Church. It was prety nasty. I had to detour the kids through the sanctuary to get them by the scene. I went to get the grandparent. I just knew the child was going home. We get started and the next thing I know, there is the child. I was horrified because I was just sick a couple of weeks ago. Where is my faith, huh? Well, it was struggling at that point. I was so scared we were all going to be sick. I anointed everything with clorox disinfectant. Hallelujah! I even sprayed myself down till it ran down my beard. I was just horrified. After Church I told our pastor's daughter that I resigned. It was just too much. Wouldn't i make a great parent? As soon as a diaper needed changed or some mess cleaned up, I woul try to bail.
I know it is different with your own child. I am at the office doing this and there is a customer next door that is telling the longest stroy. It is loud and I cannot concentrate. I think they have been here at least 15 minutes and have not started their taxes yet. I thought I was a bad story teller. This woman is a terrible one. It took 15 minutes to tell a two minute story. I am exausted just trying not to listen. Mercy!!!!!!
I tried to put somethng of some substance in here to put a smile on your face. So smile!

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

*smiling*

cokelady said...

There seems to be a lot of grossness following you around nowadays. Hhmmm. Nonetheless, I can't help but find it absolutely hilarious how squeamish you are about such things. I can just see you with the Clorox cleanser running down your beard as the anointing oil of Aaron...

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!