Thursday, November 16, 2006

All's well that ends well!

No this is not another post about "wells." In fact it is not a post about anything in particular. But are any of my post really about anything? No comment. Last night was a more hectic night at work. One of our scanners was down, so that left the two of us on 1 scanner all night. One accident brought in 8 ambulances. That was crazy but not unmanageable. I had one patient that I became very involved with. I stayed late comforting her and helping to move her. She stated on the way back to the ER that she was glad to have a fellow believer with her. That really meant a lot to hear her say that. I hated to leave her and assured her of continued prayers on her behalf. It was odd how it all worked out for me to be with her. She was originally not my patient. God knows just how to work things out for our good. He has the big picture. I assured her of that as well. Things don't always make sense, but God can take the fragmented pieces that look hopeless and arrange them for His glory.
We are all like pieces of a puzzle. We don't have the box top to see in clarity what the placement of the final piece will reveal. But God knows the outcome of the masterpiece. I don't want to be like I was as a child, just hammering pieces in where they did not fit. There is a special place for each. The pieces don't move themselves, God moves the pieces.
Sometimes this is all quite puzzling. God will work it all out.

2 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

I love the analogy of the puzzle pieces...they don't move themselves, the person putting it together does and they truly do have their own particular place where they fit. "Lord help us to be like those puzzle pieces and allow You to move us to the place that You have designed us to fit in!"

Vicki Smith said...

I'm so glad God doesn't "cheat" on the puzzle pieces, either! Brother Smith is a crummy puzzle-putter-togetherer. In his own words, he can put in the first one and the last one. The rest he tries to FORCE into place, when they don't want to go. *rolling eyes* That's why he's not allowed to get near the jigsaw puzzle table. ;-)

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!