Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Spring Rains

Well, I hope all have recovered since the loss of sleep over the weekend. I must admit i slept in a bit yesterday to compensate. I have been accused of staleness so I thought it best to freshen things up a bit here. Saturday was such wonderful day. It was so warm and so nice. Ahhhhh!


Early that morning I had decided to borrow a chainsaw and trim some branches on my trees out front. Tabithia's grandpa came down and was craking the saw trying to get it to start. he has this really stupid dog that came down with him (his farm is right behind our house). This dog ran up and bit the chainsaw blade. It was not started but it sure cause a moment of panic for me. Well, it finally started and who should run up and attack but the stupid dog. It bit the moving chain. It took off running with a bloody mouth. He examined her and said he could not tell much about it. It must not have been too bad, because she tried it again and again. How dumb. I had horrible flashbacks all day long. But I still had a very good day.


I even mowed the yard. Finished a bird feeder with a twig roof. It is very neat. I have not tried the diner out yet to see if it will work.


Sunday was another good day in spite of the headache I got. That morning I taught the kids about prayer. I got very excited talking at one point. I took an old phone from the house and told them that talking to God in prayer was like talking (respectfully) to somone on the phone. There was no number to dial but it is a direct line. When you start it picked up on immediately. It does not matter whether there are many praying at the same time, He can make sense of it all. The kids struggle with prayer. They even stated they do not really know how to pray. So we talked about the pattern that Christ gave (the Lord's Prayer). It was a very good class. At the end we passed the telephone around to see if that would help them. They each took turns praying. One of them talked into the phone and said, "Okay, here he is." Then he handed the phone to me. That girl is such a mess.


That night we went to Pocahontas to preach there. I had a message ready but on the way up there I felt something totally different. I had Tabithia get my Bible out and turn to John 9 for me and tell me if that was where I wanted to be. It was what I was looking for. I had not a note one to fall back on. It was all on the spot. I had so much liberty. I t was so different for me some of what took place. The blind man there had suffered for all of those years for that moment. During the altar, I felt led to let the congregation know that this could be their moment. They lined the center isle for anointing anf prayer. It was a wonderful night.


Yesterday was a lazy day and that brings me to the rain we are having today. It is much needed. My yard is dry.


There is my update.

3 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Okay, I feel better now, having heard your update. Thanks!

Jason Mullins said...

Just to clarify, the blind man was in the scriptural reference not in the service. PLease disregard all of those typos. Oops! I did not proof or spell check. Sorry!

cokelady said...

Okay, so I'm DYING over the dog attacking the chainsaw!!! Are you for real??? I can't imagine anything actually being that stupid! Interesting that she showed up at your house though...

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!