Monday, March 05, 2007

Fresh Stuff

Everyone likes fresh stuff. There's nothing like fresh laundry, fresh baked pies, fresh home-grown fruits and vegetables, the fresh smell after a rain and of course fresh blog posts. Did I get the word "fresh" in there enough? I decided it was a good time to make a new post. If thre anything fresh around here? I have already mentioned in a previous post that Spring is arriving. Well, it must have heard me and become offended because this weekend turned cold and windy. Brrrrr! There was even a big frost this morning. I have dafodils and hyacinths blooming in the yard. Tulips are not far behind. The lawn is looking somewhat gren wth clover and other weeds but, hey, at least it is green.
Children's Church has few stories to yield this week. It was fairly uneventful. You know we have the Ladybug Club. Well, I told them that they were collectively going to be a $100 worker. They seemed a bit overwhelmed by that. Two of them, sisters, went home and were talking it over with their mom. They insisted on making cookies. So they went to work and did so all afternoon long. Then came to Church and sold their cookies. They made $23.50. It was totally unexpected. They made me very proud. They went right to work. Now I know why there are some ways that we should be like children. On the other hand there are some ways that we should stop being like children. You know who I'm tlking to. No, I don't have anyone in mind. Or at least not anyone who is reading this. Well, maybe a couple of you. No, I am kidding. Oh, you are offended. I am sorry but you should not be such a child. Okay, maybe I am the one being childish.
Well this post should do for a few days. Maybe less. Last Tuesday, I posted 2 on the same day *applause* I am not that industrious today. Have a great Monday!!!!

1 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Pssssst! Your once fresh post has gone a little stale. *raising eyebrow*

About Me

My photo
In 2003, my wife Tabithia and I left our city home and embarked on an unexpected journey. Both of us have fulltime jobs outside of the home. When the work day is over we return home and begin working again. We have around 100 animals here. Many of which are owner surrendered or rescued. This 4 +/- acres of land that we call Fair Haven Farms is a little piece of heaven. Not everything is always grand, but we endure the negative and celebrate the highlights of our furred and feathered friends. The farm is available for travel. We participate in many educational programs. FHF also opens the barn doors for birthday parties and other events. Feel free to visit our Fair Haven Farm facebook page. We hope to see you soon. Until then may every day be FARMTASTIC!